• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water wetter....Where can you find it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beau_safken

Every auto store I have gone to just look at me funny and I am getting fed up. Where can I find it? IF I can't find it I will do the old Auto Coolant/Distill water mix.

Any advantages for Coolant vs. water wetter?

I personally do not like water wetter... It stinks and it coats the system with an awful slime. I would just use 5-10% anti freeze and distilled water. Or, if you can find Hy-Per Lube, use that instead of the WW. You can find Hy-Per Lube at autozone or pepboys etc. I use 5% AF, 5% Hy-Per lube and the rest distilled water.

beau_safken said:
Sweet thanks for the responses guys. Why would you not use a 50/50 mix for coolant?
anti freeze has bad thermal properties... unless you are going sub freezing temps, a 5-10% ratio is all that is needed.

Sweet thanks for that nugget of info. I was already setting up to make a load for my car radiator swap. Good thing ya told me other wise :). Thanks man I appreciate it.

the reason for antifreeze is to kill any bacteria that might grow in the water overtime, to much AF will actually increas your temps.

How do you measure how much you actually have? Do you have to add up your total system water capacity THEN do the 5% Hyper lube and 5% AF? What if i added UV dye? What % would that be?

I usually find out the capacity of my system then add AF. I guess you could also mix up a concentration of distilled + X%. As for UV dye, isn't an application very small? I'm just assuming from reading it in the past. I don't use dye, instead I use a hi-lighter stick and let it soak in my water.

Back