• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Since when did intel put a 3.8 out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
what the heck?

Namagomi:

why is this vaporware and a hoax?

I made a mistake about the storage. It is a ramdrive rather than a solid state drive. thanks to myzhi for pointing that out.

but it is no hoax! why is it so hard to believe?

all it is, is an overclocked P4 3.2 EE, overclocked using a Vapochill.

what is so hard to believe about that?

what a cute puppydog in your avatar RangerJoe! is that picture your puppy or just a cute picture you found?

about the case: I think it is just the standard vapochill case, with a slight modification made for the LCD.

alpha_gamer said:
Is it wrong to want to sleep with one of those rigs in your bed?
That is quite possibly the coolest thing I have ever seen. 8 gigs a second! You could hit your power button, and by the time you were facing the monitor again the rig would already be booted. Forget a car, university, clothes, and food. I'm saving up for one of those!

Imagine how red YOUR face is going to be when you figure out you can't actually buy one.

That website is full of fake products, with photoshopped pictures, and made up performance figures. They haven't sold a single product, and never will, beacuse they don't actually MAKE anything. You are all wasting your time.

Imagine how red YOUR face is going to be when you figure out you can't actually buy one.

That website is full of fake products, with photoshopped pictures, and made up performance figures. They haven't sold a single product, and never will, beacuse they don't actually MAKE anything. You are all wasting your time.

my face would only be red when i could actually afford one of these pc's...i know i could BUY one since they DO exist...

how about Forbes.com's review of products from this "vaporware":

http://www.forbes.com/2003/09/24/cx_ah_0924tentech.html

now how do you feel about it?

alpha_gamer said:
Is it wrong to want to sleep with one of those rigs in your bed?
That is quite possibly the coolest thing I have ever seen. 8 gigs a second! You could hit your power button, and by the time you were facing the monitor again the rig would already be booted. Forget a car, university, clothes, and food. I'm saving up for one of those!

But it clearly states that it uses DDR 533 memory. So this would have to be a specially designed motherboard to accommadate Solid State RAM (which I know there was an article about on Overclockers.com a while back) that would allow direct access by the processor, otherwise it's just an expensive gimmick being bottlenecked by existing mobo data paths (i.e. a solid state hard-drive). I think that Intel MIGHT have mentioned it if they had created a Mobo with this feature for the consumer market.

They never actually mention what Motherboard they're using, do they?

i clicked the buy button and selected the "extreme" version it went to a screen saying something about updating some client. So i guess you can't buy them. Oh well. Like i could afford one anyway :p

shiyan said:
I think it's been done before.

I remember the first 1Ghz machine was a Thunderbird overclocked to 1Ghz in a fridge. (forgot name, not Vapochill or Prometeia though. The other really expensive one)

It's not illegal. Intel will probably not provide any support though.

Sure has,

The KyroTech Athlon 750MHz overclocked to 1GHz.

OC-Master

Back