• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Since when did intel put a 3.8 out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its overclocked is all. I would think it is also vaporware as well. I didn't know that these chips were already being sold?

That's what it says, and with a 950Mhz FSB. I'm wondering if they've got a 3.2 overclocked? A little pricey, but a nice looking config, but i'd rather build it myself!

* 3.8GHz Accelerated Intel Pentium 4 Hyper-Threading CPU (3.20GHz base clock speed).
** 950MHz Accelerated System Bus from 800MHz base clock speed.

Ehm...

I think it's been done before.

I remember the first 1Ghz machine was a Thunderbird overclocked to 1Ghz in a fridge. (forgot name, not Vapochill or Prometeia though. The other really expensive one)

It's not illegal. Intel will probably not provide any support though.

what are they talking about when they say
" PuRam™ No System Hard Drive Configurable
Up to 1.000 faster than ATA/SCSI/FC HD based
designs with Data Burst Speeds up to 8GB/s"

and that is upto 1 times faster if it bursts...hmm..unless if that is a comma..otherwise this is ALL marketing..and the whole thing sucks beyond reason...

Foxie3a said:
what are they talking about when they say
" PuRam™ No System Hard Drive Configurable
Up to 1.000 faster than ATA/SCSI/FC HD based
designs with Data Burst Speeds up to 8GB/s"

and that is upto 1 times faster if it bursts...hmm..unless if that is a comma..otherwise this is ALL marketing..and the whole thing sucks beyond reason...

I think it is a solid state hard drive with no moving platers or heads.

I don't quite see how it sucks beyond reason... It should be quite a fast computer, seeing how it uses pretty much all the best components (okay, nearly all the best components, as I don't want to start arguing about P4EE vs FX or ATI vs Nvidia). Although I must admit it does cost a lot.

3200Mhz/200FSB=16xMultiplier
16xMultiplier*(950FSB/4)=3800Ghz

Yep it's a 3.2 overclocked. Not the first time its been done, as I've seen some 3200+ pushed to 3800+ before and sold in systems with a Vapochill.

I have to admit that it is quite interesting, especially with the PCI slot expandability (although I doubt I would actually ever need that many slots, i'm only using one right now). It is quite different than other pre-built computers, but I still would rather build my own.

Building your own is the only way to go, unless if you don't have the time or need..

shiyan said:

B]

Would motherboards today even be able to take advantage of a solid state hard drive? How would you get the data to the processor? PATA and SATA would restrict the dataflow just like USB/Firewire does with external solid state drives (jump drives etc). Still it would be nice to have an OS install on such a drive.

holy cow these are the fastest desktop computers and servers available...

http://www.go-l.com/store/index.htm

read all the stuff and you'll see...

that they spared no expense at using the highest quality, most expensive components in these systems...

those hard drives that the operating systems are stored on are, i think, like RAM drives...instant booting

all i have to say is: wow

shiyan said:
I think it's been done before.

I remember the first 1Ghz machine was a Thunderbird overclocked to 1Ghz in a fridge. (forgot name, not Vapochill or Prometeia though. The other really expensive one)

It's not illegal. Intel will probably not provide any support though.

Yes, you're thinking of Kryotech. I don't think it would matter if Intel provides support, I'm assuming if you're gonna cough up $10,000 for a system advertised at 3.8 GHz, the company itself would provide excellent support.

I want to know about the 20.1" LCD they have with 14 ms Tf+Tr response time!!! Look at the response time specs for the middle column!!!

shiyan said:

I don't quite see how it sucks beyond reason... It should be quite a fast computer, seeing how it uses pretty much all the best components (okay, nearly all the best components, as I don't want to start arguing about P4EE vs FX or ATI vs Nvidia). Although I must admit it does cost a lot.

Don't think it's a HD. It's probably stacks of ram sticks configure to run like a HD. That's the only way it can get up to 8 GB/s bandwidth.

Re: Re: Since when did intel put a 3.8 out?

Namagomi said:

That entire website is a hoax, or vaporware

"It is also the first commercially available Personal SuperComputer with an Accelerated Front Side Bus speed of 950Mhz taking Intel's Pentium 4 CPU to speeds 3.8GHz* and ready to support next generation Pentium 5 Prescott CPU."

=> It's an o/c [email protected] on 237.5 FSB probably using vaporchill. Thus, it's possible.

Re: Re: Re: Since when did intel put a 3.8 out?

myzhi said:

"It is also the first commercially available Personal SuperComputer with an Accelerated Front Side Bus speed of 950Mhz taking Intel's Pentium 4 CPU to speeds 3.8GHz* and ready to support next generation Pentium 5 Prescott CPU."

=> It's an o/c [email protected] on 237.5 FSB probably using vaporchill. Thus, it's possible.

Cute and all, but too bad you can't buy it.

Like I said, this entire site is a hoax, or vaporware.

Is it wrong to want to sleep with one of those rigs in your bed?
That is quite possibly the coolest thing I have ever seen. 8 gigs a second! You could hit your power button, and by the time you were facing the monitor again the rig would already be booted. Forget a car, university, clothes, and food. I'm saving up for one of those!

Back