• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7A266 AGP issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daegon

whenever i put in any video card beside the GF2MX200 that i've been running in my system for its whole life, it rejects it. Gives the improperly seated video card beep code. I can't understand why it's doing this. if anyone has had the same issue or has any guess whats going on here, help is much ablidged.

[edit]
I've tried:
Gainward GF FX5200
GF2GTS
GF4MX440
[/edit]

Asus A7A266
512mb corsair DDR
T-bird [email protected] (12x)
Chaintech GF2MX200

I talked with a friend and he said that it could be related to voltage differences, but I tested a TNT2 with the board and it gave the same beepcode. If anyone has anything to add to the discussion, please advise.
(that, my friends, was a bump in disguise)

I've got an A7A-266, and I've never had any issues like that through three video cards: a GF2GTS, a GF3, and a Radeon 9500 Pro.

Sorry, I know that doesnt help much :-/

Are you sure that the other video cards you tried are good? I know, it sounds unlikely, but it's possible that all of the other three cards you've tried are fried.

Back