• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why the heck do FXs look so darn cool!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It looks nice. The new FX5900U with otes looks even better. I wish more gfx makers would go with this. Go with better high performance heatsinks that auctally cool the card. I could care less if it blocks up 1 or 2 PCI slots.

Heh I knew looks were subjective, I just didn't know they were THIS subjective. IMHO that thing looks like some twisted science experiment gone way wrong. I like big heatsinks, I like big fans, but that big ugly plastic ducting is just NASTY to me.

if only these cards were good in DX9, then i'd actually buy one over a 9600 Pro. Oh well. Maybe the Det50s will do something. if they do, then i'm screwed cuz I jsut ordered a 9600 Pro. :(

haha, nice, if you like losing 1 extra PCI slot, and IMHO, uglyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy shiat. Radeons arent the prize winners either, nothing is, but sure as hell like the readeons better cause their plain, thus, wicked modding and OCing :)

i like the looks of the Albatron FX 5900 Turbo!

Showimage.asp

I just bought a BFG FX5900, $237 bucks and comes with a nice blue pcb and heatsink with blue lights, unfortunately all of the pretty heatsinks are on the bottom of the card:lol

Back