• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Equivelant Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bensa

Are there any fans made by Sunon or Y.S. Tech that are comparable to either the Panaflo 92mm, Panaflo 80mm or TT Smartfan 2?

I haven't found any retailers for Panaflo or TT in Finland, and I won't even mention Papst because of their high prices.

archilochus said:
Heatsink/revws&tips!!!Review pg.Off of Home Pg.OC.com:cool:

What? Sorry, but that what you just wrote, is very confusing to be exact.

Sorry;bout that.On the home page here there is a section called reviews. I click it and it takes you to an index.Choose Heatsink;reviews& tips;Then choose a article to review.For instance the 1st one is in BOLD RED font;Heat Sink Performance Rankings is some good reading.Also click the diff. links in the articles to check out the info within.Very Educational!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Ooh, you mean the heatsink reviews on the overclockers.com frontpage. I use that, but I'm looking for fans specificly.

I believe there are some links in that article about some fans too. At least the fans used in the test procedures. Maybe at the bottom of the 1st pg. Also....The index covers a variety of like subjects.

I found a Sunon 80mm, 30Cfm, 25db. I think thats close to a Panaflo(volt moded).
Enermax 92mm 24-33db, 33-52Cfm.
Theres a Akasa silver colored 80mm 27.85 dB 32.37 cfm.
Also a Y.S. Tech 92mm 47Cfm, 31db.

Which do you think is the best for cfm yet still having low db? Which one would you advise for a HS fan and which ones for case fans? I want a low noise system, but it doesnt have to be inaudible(I use headphones).I'm looking at these since they are available in Finland.

Edit: Which one is quieter, ball or sleeve bearing?

Sleeve bearings are quieter.

Many people would prefer ball, as when they fail, they don't stop.. just slow down considerably and make a horrendous noise. Sleeve bearings just stop. Just a little FYI, take it as a grain of salt.

I will notice if a fan fails, so no problem on that, but which one do you think is the best out fo these?

Back