• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Outstanding results after overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ckälvin

Registered
Well, I overclocked my Duron 650 @ 902.75 Mhz with the default voltage but when I benchmark it using SiSoft Sandra 2001, the results isnt really that high so probably anyone here could post in their CPU benchmarks so that we could compare ?.

At 902.75 Mhz
CPU Dhrystone : 2505
FPU Whetstone : 1217

It seems like my FPU scores is a bit too low. Can anyone tell me why and what can I do about it ?

The scores probably are about right at around 1/2 of mine :) sorry couldn't resist hehehe

As for what you can do about it, since you are still at default voltage you have a lot of potential still left in that cpu. With good cooling and increased voltage you could do quite well with that Duron

Hm, Duron sure have 192 KB combined cache, while ThunderBird 256 L2, and 128 L1. So I think it is not so bad, just compare your results to same Durons, not TB.
When I had Duron 750 I didn't found any it's weaknesses on games compared to my 750 ThunderBird.
Do not worry.

RIGHT ON!!! thats a great O/C at stock vcore!!!!
my Duron 700 <note below> gives me...
memory=426/480
cpu=2258/1088
cpu multimed.=4502/5468

this after my last tweaks listed below... i wish i had a core like yours, but i'm just gettin started... time will tell.
please post what your settings are, and the cooling you're using...
i'd like to keep this thread going as we all progress.
LOL anyone wanna tell me how to get a screen shot :D :D :D

Just !PUSH! the< Print Screen> button in Windows.
Go Photoshop or Paint and say: Edit-Paste

Back