• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If you use Nanotherm's PCM+ , you NEED to read this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nanidin said:
Yes, the statue of liberty was once the color of copper.

LOL, Most heatsinks are not exposed to corrosive salt water/salty air and bird cr@p.

Shes made of 179,200 lbs of copper and 250,000lbs of steel, and a small amount of Gold leaf. The thickness of the copper sheeting if anyone cares is 2.37mm

The copper color had weathered to dark as it was built in Paris. It took about 20 years for the color to turn to the color of copper patina/malachite green

lib%20island3%2Ejpg

All i know is stick to the tried and true. The new guys may be cheaper or seem better. Consider this, AS is tried and true. They test theirs, it doesn't matter if you get 3, cremat, or the origional. Artic Silver's a good brand. If you go by PSUs you know that PC Power and Cooling won't screw you over. You might get a bad one, but it's unlikley. For something cheap like these, just go with a brand you can trust. If you feel uneasy about trying PCM, then don't. Wait for 5 or go with 3 or cremat. I forget the amount of hours they're suppose to last, but it's a damn long time. If you're fine with PCM and aren't having any problem, all the better for you.

As for me i'll wait till AS5 is released, check out some reviews and such for it, then decide if i get that or 3/cremat...although i'm probably getting 5.

My sentiments exactly Cypress... except Im pretty sure pcm+ costs more than as3.

First of all, I'd like to start off by saying that I apologize for not having contributed much to Forum here since early September. Of course, only a spare few of you took the time to pm me or email me directly to find out why or what I was up to. So, how was I supposed to know I was being 'missed' so much?! ;)

Having been a member in good standing here for sometime, I feel I at least owe everyone the courtesy of a final post before I move on to our new Nanotherm Information & Support section located in the Manufacturer's Forum at Xtremesystems. That will be my primary Forum from now on, so please stop by if you have any questions or comments about our products, if you're looking for information updates and so on.

There are several reasons why I have decided to leave the General Forums. The primary reasons are simply time and convenience.

First and foremost is time. I simply do not have the time to devote to trying to locate and answer every question posed about our Nanotherm products on 3 or 4 different Forums. Perhaps, I used to believe that I had the time, but lately I seem to have little if any extra time at all.

I do work an excessive amount of hours a week running my company, I have a wife, 2 active school age children, I'm actively involved in my local community, the Church, youth sports, professional societies and other things that demand my time and attention. The bottom line is that when some things require extra attention for extended periods of time - as our Nanotherm PCM+ has for several weeks - then I've got borrow time somewhere - and something's going to suffer, as a result.

My presence on the Forums was one of the things that suffered - because the issue with the PCM+ had to be addressed and fixed as expeditiously as possible. My time, energy and focus was better invested in working on a solution for the PCM+, rather than talking about and debating issues I didn't have answers to. If think most of you will find that understandable - of course, some won't.

The other reason is convenience. This goes along with time. It is simply more convenient and efficient for me to have my own Forum venue where people can come to me and ask questions or voice concerns, as opposed to me going out to 3 and 4 different Forums, doing searches to find out who's asking questions or making comments about our products. Hence, me spending too many unproductive hours running around answering questions and, more often than not, wasting my time replying to inflammatory posts.

So, yes, it's definitely more convenient for me to pick one place to hangout where everyone can find me and ask civil questions, make constructive comments and get informative and though-provoking answers. Again, it's simply a matter of time and convenience.

Before I bid you all my final farewell from this Forum, I just wanted to mention that we have recently implemented a new Nanotherm PCM+ Upgrade Program. The Upgrade Program is simple: if you're an original Nanotherm PCM+ end-user who has experienced discoloration / oxidation issues or are not 100% satisfied with your original PCM+ product for whatever reason, then please go to our Nanotherm site now. There you will find all the details for Upgrading your original Nanotherm PCM+ to the new Nanotherm PCM+ formulation with advanced corrosion inhibitors - or you can choose either the Nanotherm Silver XTC or the Blue II instead. Whatever you prefer.

Again, please visit our Nanotherm site for more information about the Upgrade Program. To find out more about the original and upgraded Nanotherm PCM+, please visit our new Nanotherm Mfrs. Forum at Xtremesystems.

Take care.

it would be interesting to see a list of hsf, wb, and CPU mfgrs who have specifically approved the use of PCM+

be cool

Back