• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 2.4G, Asus P4S533

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lasthighlander

I built this system with OC`ing in mind but have never done it. I looked through the bios and saw all the changes available but wasn`t sure what did what so I left it alone. I am running 2 sticks of 512m PC2700,,if anyone has a similar sys and can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Well im running the 1.5G @ 2GHz on a P4B533, i didnt know they took the willy over 2GHz...

Are you sure its a G? whats its L2 Cache? FSB etc...

Cheers

Okey Dokey.

First things first.

Before you go touching the FSB, make sure Asus Probe is up and running as, you need to keep an eye on the temps.

Also You need to track down a stress test program, such as Burn in Test, SiSoft, SETI, Prime 95.

Run you CPU at 100% load with on of those and Tell me what sort of temps you get.

Also whats you S Code?

oh BTW here is my 2.4b OC on a P4B533 click here

Once you know your S Code go here and select your CPU (a P4 2.4b 533) Then you can see what others with a CPU simaler to yours have been doing.

Youll have a lot more people helping you if your thread was in the right forum also, I suggest re posting it in here

good luck

Just wanted to say thanks for the help and info, I now have my system running great. I braught the 2.4G up to 2.61G, the FSB is up from 533 to 584, the mem is up also and got my video card tweaked and everything is staying stable. Once again thanks a million, is nice to have this running the wya I always wanted it to.

I wouls say fairly confidently that you machine should sit rock solid at an FSB of 166 x 4 = 664mhz with voltages etc at default.

What Mother Board do you have?

Back