• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using coppermines on a ASUS P2B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ebola

Senior Toilet Scrubber
I know this is an old one. Just a junk machine at work but I have a celeron 850 (100 mhz bus) and I was wondering If it would work in this board if I put on the last bios. I read the article on overclockers.com about using coppermines but that was before the 850 celeron was released. would it be worth it to buy a slocket and try it or not.

I don't have the actual specs here but I remember the chip being a 850 celeron (100 mhz bus) and 1.7V.

current bios is 1007 and asus had one for 1012.

I think this is just the plain asus p2b and not a reversion.

thanks

go for it. Your route to get there will depend on the voltage regulator of your mobo. If it ends in BCB, then you are good to go (handles voltage 1.3 - 3.5v) with an ordinary slocket without any voltage jumpers. If it ends in ACB or CB then you'll need a slocket with the voltage jumpers set to 1.8v. (your board will handle voltage 1.8 - 3.5v) Slight overvolt, but nothing to worry about.

Look for this chip on your mobo here:

http://www.supermicro.com/images/Imag_Web/HIP6004_SP.JPG

use latest beta bios 1014.003

bardos

The latest official 1012 BIOS will also work with coppermine core procs as I am currently running a Celly 1ghz on a P2B with the 1012.

I put 1012 on today. flash went good. Slocket shipped so we'll see what happens when it arrives.

Last edited:
Thanks for everyones help. I got it up and running today. booted right to 850.

Back