• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The AYHJA rocks!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JimmyG

After fixing (partially) case cooling I finally got enough courage to try OC'ing my 1.33 AYHJA. First try at 1.466 the CPU temp stayed the SAME! As soon as I cool the case down a few more degrees will try more. BTW this is with air cooling.

Just got my AYHJA in. Gave it a little burning in just to see how it would do against my AXIA (that my POS orb HSF damaged). Got mine up to 1526 no problems. Total stable. Temps around 47c - 51c load. Seems to run alot cooler than the AXIA but I have alot better cooling also. I cant wait to see how much cooler it will be when I get my fan system going.....

Amd T-bird 1.33ghz AYHJA @1526
Asus A7A266 with Ipanel
Thermalengine HSF + Artic Silver II
512mb DDR Crucial ram
64Mb Geforce2 Ultra
40.9 Gb Maxtor
Zip 100mb
Asus 50X cdrom
Iomeiga cdrw 24x6x6
Iomeiga Dvd

I got mine at

Don't remember exactly the price, but I paid about 250 including FED EX overnight.

roc (Jun 08, 2001 11:54 a.m.):
What FSB, Multiplier, and voltage are you running?

Im running 138x11 1.75volts(default) at 1525mhz. I dont know how I came up with 1526 on my earlier post.....

His FSB is probably running slightly faster than 138. I notice on my FC AD11 I set it to 133x11.5 and it gives me 1536 not 1530 as expected.

Roc how is your AYHJA doing? Got past 1.520?

No it still stinks. I even bought another, and it runs the exact same as the first. The *** I ordered my cooling system from has flaked as well. NEVER BUY A COOLING SYSTEM FROM CaseEtc.com or Overclock-watercool.com.

What cooling system did you get?

It looks like people seem to be happy with Dangerden. I'm still on air, but would like to go to water. I've got a MC462 with delta. 3 92mm case fans and 2 80 mm case fans as well as the 650W PSU's fans!!! It sounds a bit noisy not too bad but more noise than I like. :)

Keep us in the loop as you win the battle!!! I would like to know how the water worked for you.

I ordered a system from this jerk Chip who created the water systems on CaseEtc.com. I am looking at another one called he Blizzard. To be honest im getting really sick and tired of dealing with venders, most of them really suck. I think im just going to drop this thing back down to 1333 and forget about it. Buy the way what's Castle Lager?

Castle Lager is BEER my friend!!! Great stuff. I had real difficulty getting it in the Bay.

Why don't you just get air cooling for now? The Glaciator or Swiftech should take you to 1.6 with the right setup and case cooling!

I only buy stuff from shops on Yahoo shopping. Have bought plenty of stuff with no prob yet and I get Yahoo wallet points. I bought all my home electronics and PC stuff from them. Apart from the stuff I bought at fry's. Before you buy from a reseller check their ratings on Yahoo or Bizrate.com or their is another place I can't remember now. Sorry to hear you are getting yerked around by A#%#%$!! I wish they would vaporize all these second rate vendors. I ordered ASII from coldcpu before I knew better and never seen it,. No response from their email nor at the phone number. I was lucky only $12, but still P@ss#d me off!

roc (Jun 08, 2001 08:57 p.m.):
I ordered a system from this jerk Chip who created the water systems on CaseEtc.com. I am looking at another one called he Blizzard. To be honest im getting really sick and tired of dealing with venders, most of them really suck. I think im just going to drop this thing back down to 1333 and forget about it. Buy the way what's Castle Lager?

Sometimes it's easier to buy what everyone else has allready tried and tested see what the senior members are using you cant go to far wrong.

I just purchased a 1.4GHz Retail version and its also an AYHJA. I just installed it about 3 hours ago and under win2k its running 51C idle. Using the retail heatsink and thermal grease.

I'm not sure if its worth pushing it for the extra 1-or 200 mhz. I tried to get one of the 1.333 AYHJA from icompz but they were sold out and offerred me the 1.4 retail at a special price.
Is 51C too high idle ? whats the max temp I should watch out for ?

Forgive my honesty, but that is a terrible Idle temperature. You should be able to get it to idle a few degrees above ambient with a decent HSF. My guess is the stock HSF you got with the CPU is not all that good of one and I'll go further and bet they used a thermal pad instead of thermal grease. OC or not, pull off that HSF and if there is a pad on it, get rid of it and put a quality thermal grease on instead. Then, see what the temp is. That is a short term solution. In the long run, do consider getting a better HSF. Your nice CPU is worth it.

Hoot

i havent OC yet. idling at 40C with a swiftech MC370. i have the 1.33 AYHJA. full load at 43C when i'm not in the room. some reason my body gives off 3C of heat. same thing with idling.. i get 1C higher when i'm in the room. heh. i want to play with my fans some more.. see whats better. havent OC yet. but i think it'll be fun. I have an Iwill KA266 mobo. i got both cpu and mobo from newegg.. i got my cpu for $177.. but its around $171 now. darn.. heh.

Back