• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overcloc-kiNG a K6-2 550Mhz? Please HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

<=$cavenger=>

I'm running a K6-2 3D 550Mhz (5,5 x 100) @2,3V (norm.) on ASUS P5 A, CPU without Cap... rocks realy stable @ about only 48 °C

I tried to clock it up to 600 (5 x 120) & 577 (5,5 x 105) each at voltages from 2,3 to 2,6(!), motherboard allows stepless choice, great! If more than 2,3V CPU was detected correctly, but there were many troubles booting up Win98 (protection-error or only a simple hang-up). Even booting from a DOS disk fails (hungs-up). If V = 2,7 -> hardwaremonitor reports error... So if YOU have any ideas or expiriences in speeding up a K6-2 550 PLEASE HELP! ...before I get completely crazy >-( ! Thx! U could also mail to [email protected]

in my opinion a jump of 50mhz isnt really worth bothering about.
i had trouble getting my k6-500 to 550, only wanted to do it because ti was my first overclock but i realise there isnt much point

try 5.5x 2.8v 112fsb... try to get the temp down first tho, seems with the cap off, it's kinda hot.. so increasing to 2.8 will make it hotter. and i think that might be why you're freezing up.

Back