• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a bunch of questions about the 9000 PRO 128

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

modenaf1

well, i have a Saphire radeon 9000 Atlantis Pro 128mb. I have sevral questions about it.

1.) It was OEM, and didnt come iwht much, so im wondering, does this support DX9?

2.) My overclock is in my sig, is this normal for this card? i can go higher, but it gets hot. Just out of curiosity, how do i raise the voltage to improve stability?

3.) the ram kinda gets a little hot with no heatsinks on it, how hot is to hot? its warm to the touch, but never hot enought to burn me.

well, i gotta go now, so ill post back later

TIA
-f1
:cool:

1) the 9000Pro is a DX 8.1 card

2) i don't know a good overclock for the 9000Pro as i haven't overclocked mine yet (it's in my brothers rig).

3)the ram running a little warm isn't a problem, most BGA will actually feel pretty hot before you start getting artifacts. the 9000Pro i have uses the same ram my 9700np does (3.3ns infineon), it gets hot at default speed on my 9700np but i can still overclock it with no artifacts. on the 9000Pro it only gets warm to the touch so i would assume heat isn't going to be an issue unless you voltmod it.

edit: i have no idea how to voltmod any videocard, i have no intrest in doing so myself so i never looked into it :-/

ok thanks for the reply!

how do you know the "3.3ns" part? does it say it on the chip? mine are samsung. that might not be as good. :-/

what's the codes on the chips? i'll help you figure out the ns rating.

samsung is generally much better for overclocking then infineon is, infineon 3.3ns is the worst overclocking ram in existance.

i got a 9000pro made by ati and its clocked at 295/295, i dont know how different the saffire cards are but ill bet if you get a fan blowin on your card you could get close to my oc or better.
by the way, what do you score in 3dmark 2001? im going to be getting a system very similer to yours and using this card, just curious

i know you weren't asking me but on my brothers we got just under 8K in 3DMark2K1 at stock speeds

his specs are
XP1600 AGOIA-9 (@stock for now)
Gigabyte GA7-VRX
512MB PC2700 cas2
WD 7200rpm 40gig hard drive

once he lets me overclock his rig (which is mostly running MY old hardware) i'm expecting to hit atleast 9K.

oh yeah, i have overclocked the 9000Pro for a few minutes. i hit 285/285 but i didn't run 3DMark, i was just making sure it could overclock without a bios flash.

My sister runs a retail Radeon 9000 Pro and it does very well in all the games that we play. She doesnt have her card OC'ed either. If you have enough case vetilation your card should be fine with an OC. Just keep rasing the clocks a couple of #'s at a time till you start to get artifacts or a lockup and then back it off a bit and you will know what your limit is. I had a Radeon 8500 awhile back (pretty much the same card as a Radeon 9000) and it was able to hit over 300/300 with a bios flash. With a KT333 based mobo and an XP1700 I was able to get just over 11000 with a heavy OC on everything, and 9000+ with totally stabile OC'ing.

my 9000 pro 128MB although its mem cannont go above stock for some reason(500mhz) , the gpu is running at 325Mhz from 275.

Back