• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want Linux ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Asia look for me!

IF anyone in asian countries looking for to get linux distros I'm glad to offer them. Currentley I'll offer following cd's

Redhat : 7.1,8.0,9.0
Mandrake : 9.0
Knoppix 3.1

Arrangements: Pls send me the cd's along wth teh shipping cost and according to the avability I'll try to provide blank cd's myself. E-mail me before sending the items so we can arrange everything perfectley.

* Glad to help anyone out there. And if anyone can help me to get suse linux pls let me know.

Count me in.
I have K12LTSP 3, Fedora Core 1, Mandrake 9, Debian, Gentoo somewhere....and some others around; I can grab what you need if I don't have it.

Only trick might be to catch me when I am around: periodically life gets busy and I am AWOL for a few weeks (months.)

Send cds and postage, I'll burn and return. :)

I don't see why someone wouldn't want to help the spread of linux (and help others use such)! Count me in.

Distro: Anything I can download
Shipping to: Anywhere, as long as you cover the cost.
Protocol: Recipient is to send me blank CD's accompanied with stamps to allow return of burned Linux disks. Sender to cover shipping costs and provides CD's. Burn is free.

And of course, if further help is needed (installation, et al), I'm always avaialable :)

I am in the process of setting up a low end server based on a K6-2 400mhz cpu and 256mb+ of memory for use as a print/file/inernet server. My net connection is only 28.8. I was told that Linux would be a great OS for such a server and was wondering if I could get somebody to burn it for me and mail it to me? I would be happy to pay for shipping and the CD's. If somebody could do this, please PM me and we can swap info. Thanks, James

Just downloaded and Burned Mandrake 9.2 3 CD's

I am in Ontario Canada, but will ship anyplace.

Send CD with return postage, or Money to pay for CD and return postage, $1 / CD I supose is about right.

I'll jump in for red hat 9 and mandrake 9.2
I can prolly get ahold of a couple of BSD distros (e.g Wasabi NetBSD) or other linux distros if needed.
u will provide cds and return shipping
PM me for more info

Just a note-
The best thing to do if you are looking for a copy of Linux to be sent to you is to:
Decide which distro (There are many after all!)
PM one or more of the people in this thread who have offered to help distribute cds- CJ has a list in the first post of who is in what geographical area. The list is not always current because he does have other things to do once in a while ;) so you may need to peruse the thread as well.

And there are a few of us who have stated that we will send 'em anywhere- postage is on you after all. :D

I am new to linux and would like a copy from someone so i could get to know it a little better and expand my knowledge. Dont know what would be the best bet to get. I will be putting it on a 2.4a p4c800-e deluxe and 512mb of pc2700 in dual channel. Pm me back with what all i need and i will get it sent out.

I've sorted the thread out and I might do a major addition to the first post.

CZmanz19 said:
I am new to linux and would like a copy from someone so i could get to know it a little better and expand my knowledge. Dont know what would be the best bet to get. I will be putting it on a 2.4a p4c800-e deluxe and 512mb of pc2700 in dual channel. Pm me back with what all i need and i will get it sent out.

YGPM :)

TUK101 said:
I am in the process of setting up a low end server based on a K6-2 400mhz cpu and 256mb+ of memory for use as a print/file/inernet server. My net connection is only 28.8. I was told that Linux would be a great OS for such a server and was wondering if I could get somebody to burn it for me and mail it to me? I would be happy to pay for shipping and the CD's. If somebody could do this, please PM me and we can swap info. Thanks, James

Apologies for the slow response.

A good bet might be a standard distro like Mandrake but it depends a lot on your hard disk space. If you are starting out, Redhat and Mandrake are good newbie distros, as is Suse. I'll kick the appropriate people :)

Last edited:
Some of the considerations to think about when choosing a distro:
Ease of install/use when new to Linux- the easiest to install and configure tend to be the most bloated and slowest on older hardware.

Hard disk space: again, the "easiest" distro's tend to be bloated and require a lot more disk space- a complete install of everything can be around 3 gigs pretty easily. Before you say "Hey! That's even bigger than WindowsXX!!!" please understand that this includes applications and servers that can be used to run an enterprise class network- or the Internet. :)

YOUR willingness to learn. Specifically the use of a command-line based operating system. GUI stuff eats up a LOT of resources so if you want to use older hardware for your Linux pc you might need to choose between speed and a lot of time LEARNING or slooooooow and fancy windows. :)

Three if you want it all, if I remember right. I'm in Minnesota but if nobody closer can do it PM first thing in the morning and we can set something up. I've already got it burnt so I'll just have to cpy it.

MuEagle05 said:
I have Mandrake 9.2 on DVD. PM me for a copy. $10 to cover cost of DVD and shipping. Paypal accepted. Remember, this is for the DVD copy.

If someone sends you a blank DVD, and sends enough stamps with it so you don't have to pay for shipping, would you be happy to do it for free?

Just a point to note, if anyone wishes to charge for the service (if any money changes hands) then please talk to one of the Classifieds moderators, you can't advertise outside there and I'm not sure you could sell Linux Disks there anyway.

Last edited:
Nope, software is not allowed in the classifieds, I think it will probably be better to keep it to sending the postage and blanks, just my 2p or 2c if I had it :)

Absolutely NO Software Ads of ANY kind will be allowed! Any Ads containing Software for Sale/Trade/Want will be deleted on sight. Anyone posting Software Ads in the Classifieds, after previously being warned about this by the overclockers.com Staff, will be locked out of the Classifieds permanantly!

You might want to include what format/type of DVD you have so you don't waste time and money getting/burning a DVD+ when you needed a - or viceversa.

OK, to clarify my previous offer. I have Mandrake 9.2 on DVD

If you send me a blank DVD and return postage I'll make a copy for you. The DVD can be DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, so basically any format except DVD-RAM. If you want a copy PM me and i'll give you the address to send to.

Back