• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want Linux ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey everyone
Im getting ready to start playing with Linux for the first time, And im on dial up so downloading them is out of the question. I would like to get the newest version's as many different distros as possible. So if anyone would like to do that for me i can send as many CD-R's that are needed, will pay for shipping both ways, and since its kinda asking for alot i will also be willing to give anyone who wants to do it a little extra cash for thier time.. lol of course if anyone is willing to do it for free i wont complain!

Thanks everyone, if anyone willing to do this task for me PM me or preferably E-Mail me at [email protected]

Last edited:
Hey Max,

There are hundreds of distros about but if you want a few, Gentoo or Debian, Mandrake (a great newbie install one), Fedora/Redhat (either), and Knoppix/Overclockix (a bootable CD) would be a great start. Frankly I think Overclockix is a must :p

I have one guy in mind who I think is near you so I'll give him a kick :)

And to those kind guys who read this thread and are behind a firewall they can't control (University/college) I have put Overclockix on my FTP server. Give me a PM if you want to download the newest version from me and can't use BitTorrent, or if someone in the US wants to burn Overclockix for Max :)

TUK101, did someone sort you out?

Last edited:
Cjwinnit said:
Hey Max,

There are hundreds of distros about but if you want a few, Gentoo or Debian, Mandrake (a great newbie install one), Fedora/Redhat (either), and Knoppix/Overclockix (a bootable CD) would be a great start. Frankly I think Overclockix is a must :p

I have one guy in mind who I think is near you so I'll give him a kick :)

And to those kind guys who read this thread and are behind a firewall they can't control (University/college) I have put Overclockix on my FTP server. Give me a PM if you want to download the newest version from me and can't use BitTorrent, or if someone in the US wants to burn Overclockix for Max :)

TUK101, did someone sort you out?

Thanks for the kick. ;) I recently got my connection upped from 256/256 to 1.5/1, so I'd love to help you out. YGEM.

well i have recently made an addition to my disto archives :)

i now have redhat 9 (3 discs)

and i have found that the best way to get distros burnt to cd is just to paypal a couple bucks and forget the shipping from and then back to the person. i have gotten some damaged cds and it is pretty worthless to send them if they are going to get damaged... just a thought...

oh yeah, max, look for an e-mail. maybe you might not have to even pay shipping if you're really close... indiana is a pretty small state...

Last edited:
wow - this is great work all!

maybe once i get my 1mb DSL line i can distribute in the South America region (live in Costa Rica - just next door to Panama)

I can burn Overclockix and Mandrake 9.2 Pro Suite(9 Cds and a workstation DVD). PM if interested. I will ship anywhere from 66210 zip code.

Hooah

Last edited:
I now have the following ISOs available:
Dyne:bolic 1.2 (tight multimedia creation liveCD)
FreeBSD 5.2.1 CD 1,2
Mandrake 10.0 rc1 CD 1,2,3
Morphix Combined (KDE) 0.4-1
Overclockix 3.4-beta-2_16_2004
TheOpenCD first edition
Clarkconnect 2.1 sp1
Debian 3.0r2 CD1
Debian Sarge CD1
Gentoo 2004.0 + all 3 stage tarballs
Gentoo ppc-1.4_rc7-gnome
Gentoo-ppc-1.4_rc7-kde
Knoppic-pcc 2003-07-13
Libranet Classic 2.7
Mepis 2/10/2003 CD 1,2
RH9 CD 1,2,3
Slackware 9.1 CD 1,2
Fedora Core CD 1,2,3
Yoper 3.3.2 CD 1,2

I have an FTP install of SuSE 9 on a DVD... and I have a DVD burner. If someone wishes for me to burn them a copy of the SuSE 9 FTP DVD, I'll be more than happy to if you provide me with the DVD+-R and postage back. :) This is just like the boxed version, but it doesn't have the JRE... 4.3GB in size. I'd like to stay in US only if possible.

dammit Christoph I'm gonna spend ages updating my post now :p :D

Thanks for helping out.

My FTP server is still up for those that want a download of the new Overclockix and can't use BT.

I can burn Mandrake 9.2
Suse 7.3
Fedora core 1,2,3
KNOPPIX
overclockix 3.4
overclockix 3.4 V2
Overclockix LTSP
Damn SMall linux 0.7
feather 0.4.2
Dyne:bolic 1.1 1.2 1.3
all 4 Morphix CDs
slax 4.0.4
Yoper
linux console 0.4
system rescue 0.2.13
CD Router 193
Geexbox 0.97
FreeBSD 3 cds

I will ship worldwide as long as you provide postage and blank CD's :)

Last edited:
I can help too. Sent anywhere you want.

Fedora 1
Red Hat 9.0
Red Hat 8.0
Red Hat 7.2
Red Hat 7.3
Lindows 3.0.5
Lindows 2.0.2
Lycoris build 46
Mandrake 9.2
Undead EvilE 0.2.5
Knoppix
Slackware 9.0
FreeBSD 4.9
Gentoo 1.4
College 2.5

And a few others I'd have to look around for.

can i down load it cd by cd instead of one big lump ??? i would like to have mandark 10 and play with it and see if it is something i would like to try out for good

I have also made an addition to my archives- Yoper Linux. :)

I've only been running it a few days but so far I am very impressed with Yoper.

If you need some good packaging for CDs, you can have it delivered to your door for free here. It already comes with a CD in it, but you can just throw that one out. ;)

I had Cristoph burn me a few distros

Fedora
gentoo
Overclockix
and Yoper

I just got them today and had to install Fedora right away it was very easy and painless. It just kicks a@@ on Knoppix that I wrote over easy to install it does all the work and easy to use.
TRY IT you can always put that windows crap back on later if you dont like it or set it up for dual boot it will walk you through it. Dont forget to read the Sticky thread by Kaltag "Beginner Linux Install Guides,..." it is an excellent guide to several of the most common distros and he walks you through it step by step.

Thanks to both of you. :)

As an update, I've deleted all my ISOs, but it's easy for me to download others. If someone contacts me, either specify the exact version you want, or provide a URL (either for the ISO or a .torrent).

Back