• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want Linux ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can this be stuck again, I was looking for it, and almost lost it.

Thanks Kendan.

I'm still happy to send a brother a penguin or two. Again, if you're interested I'll be able to send quicker if you send me a sufficient description of the distro you want (eg FC3 rc3, latest version of Mandrake, any Gentoo PPC LiveCD), or a URL or torrent link.

Also, this thread is linked from the FAQ now under the question "Where can I get Linux CDs sent to me for the cost of shipping?", which is the second-from-last question under the first topic ("Getting Started").
I'd originally hoped to use the FAQ to cut down on stickies, but if it's too indirect or out of the way, the sticky bit isn't set in stone.

Please Re-Sticky. I could not find this earlier. As you know.....

Fine by me. I thought it might be the case, but I just wanted to make sure that more than one other person also thought so. I'll contact a mod when I see one or send off a PM if I don't.

Will update first post tonight, may make a few layout changes.

I'm requesting that the title be changed to either "Need Linux?" or "Want Linux?". I figure the shorter the better....

Last edited by a moderator:
You can put my name down for CD or DVDs of linux. Doesn't matter which distro, I will download it for you.

I will only ship to Canada though.

pik4chu said:
sorry for those who have asked me in the past for ISOs, i suffered yet another "integrity check failed, let windows **** up your drive some more" and lost most of my ISOs that I had on my computer. :bang head

Suckage, hope it gets fixed soon.

Christoph said:
It's back. Thanks to UnseenMenace for the restick.

:D

stabob said:
I had Cristoph burn me a few distros

Thanks to both of you. :)

No prob :)

And most importantly..

Kendan said:
bump for an updated list:D

Done!

Count me in!

Distro: All distros available online.

Shipping : US
If you are at Indianapolis, drop in, everything is free. I'll even provide the media ;) {For forum members only!}

Protocol: The person requesting Linux is to send me blank CD's or DVD's (if the full distro can be burned on a DVD, like Fedora) accompanied by postage stamps. I'll do the burning for free.

I will not entertain any requests for non-open source (or illegal procurement of ) software. If its not free and *LEGAL* don't ask.

Last edited:
Everyone please remember that the only reason that this thread is allowed to exist is because NO money is changing hands. This is the official warning to everyone who has posted that they will accept payment for a copy of Linux.

So its wrong to ask for shipping and the cost of media? Im more than willing to do someone a favor, but is $1 too much to ask in return?

Through the forums there is supposed to be no money exchanging hands, except in the Classifieds.

{PMS}fishy said:
So its wrong to ask for shipping and the cost of media? Im more than willing to do someone a favor, but is $1 too much to ask in return?
just do the "send media and a postage paid envelope.

{PMS}fishy said:
Please update my offering to SASE and Media.

Thanks 9mm.

Done. If you happen to have any distros at your immediate disposal, do say which.

If you think about it, the way we do it in some ways is the easiest.

For one thing, all the burner has to do is pick up the mail, open the envelope, burn the CD's, stick the new stamps on, re-seal the envelope with burned CD's in, scribble on a new adress and send it back to where it came from. Should take all of 10 minutes maybe, and you don't have to pay a penny.

For the sender it doesn't exactly break the bank. How much does a few blank CD's, an envelope and two sets of stamps cost. Does it even come to two dollars?

The "no money changing hands" rule does make it fairly easy too.

{PMS}fishy said:
You got it.

Please update my offering to SASE and Media.

Thanks 9mm.

Same here!

I have Debian (all 7 CD's or 1 DVD with the CD ISO's on it)
Overclockix
Suse 9.2 FTP DVD (installed fine for me)
Yoper

Can get most others.....

orion25 said:
Same here!

I have Debian (all 7 CD's or 1 DVD with the CD ISO's on it)
Overclockix
Suse 9.2 FTP DVD (installed fine for me)
Yoper

Can get most others.....

Cool! Where will you send/return to?

Cjwinnit said:
Cool! Where will you send/return to?

Prefer the US but if you include return postage I will send anywhere. As long as there is no/minimal (lessthan $5 us) cost to me I am game. Let me know what you want before hand via PM so I can have it ready for you and we will limit the turn around time!

Orion25

Back