• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want Linux ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cjwinnit

B&
It seems that a list of people who are able to burn Linux and send it to those who request it on the forum would be a good resource. (unreliable/slow/no internet, etc.)

My offer.

Distros available:
  • Overclockix 3.4.
  • Clarkconnect 2.1.
(incomplete list, I have a few more, will add soon).

Shipping to: UK, possibly anywhere.

Protocol: Recipient is to send me blank CD's accompanied with stamps to allow return of burned Linux disks. Recipient to cover shipping costs and provide CD's. Burn is free.

(Added note: two first class stamps, two CD's and an envelope is all you need and comes to less than a pound so it's good value.)

Contact: PM for postage (address) details if you want any linux distros burned from me.

----------------------------------------------------

- = Current Offers = -
(updated 13/02/2006)

First, pick your distro:

(Note: names of distros are now clickable links to their respective homepages, anyone got a better idea where "Anything" should link to?)
  • "Anything": UnseenMenace, Titan386, Super Nade, pik4chu, orion25, Midnight Dream, michaelpi, mbentley, LiGhTBoY, Hagios, esau, David, corrosion231, Chris, bubba gump, Blueacid, BeerCan, 9mmCensor, {PMS}fishy.
  • Clarkconnect: Cjwinnit.
  • Debian: rogerdugans, orion25, mbentley, dominator, esau, chasingapple.
  • Dynebolic: wired14, dominator.
  • Feather: wired14.
  • Fedora: wired14, Super Nade, Stryfe, Smizack, rogerdugans, chasingapple.
  • Gentoo: Smizack, rogerdugans, esau.
  • K12LTSP 3: rogerdugans.
  • Knoppix: Super Nade, Smizack, mbentley, esau, dominator, dicecca112, DeRose306, chasingapple, BUBBLE, Arkaine23.
  • Libranet: chasingapple.
  • Lycoris: Smizack.
  • Mandrake: wired14, Super Nade, Smizack, rogerdugans, Pred8r, Papsomax, MuEagle05 (DVD), mbentley, esau, dominator, dicecca112, deRusett, DeRose306 (Mandriva version), chasingapple, BUBBLE.
  • Morphix: wired14, Mustard Duster.
  • Overclockix: wired14, Papsomax, orion25, dicecca112, Cjwinnit, chasingapple, Arkaine23.
  • Red Hat: Stryfe, Smizack, Pred8r, Mustard Duster, mbentley, esau, dominator, BUBBLE.
  • Slackware: Smizack, rogerdugans, moorcito, mbentley, esau, A1Killer.
  • SuSE: wired14, orion25, masitti, dicecca112, chasingapple.
  • Vidalinux: rogerdugans, dicecca112.
  • Yoper: wired14, Super Nade, rogerdugans, orion25.
  • FreeBSD: wired14, Stryfe, Smizack, Pred8r. (Not linux but I will allow it ;))

Assorted others:

Damn small linux, linux console, system rescue, Geexbox, CD Router, slax (Slackware??) .. wired14
Lindows, College, Undead EvilE... Smizack
Unbuntu... Super Nade, dicecca112
Kanotix... dicecca112
Vector Linux... dicecca112
PC Linux... dicecca112
Arch Linux... dicecca112
Kunbuntu... dicecca112

Second, pick your area:

"Anywhere": wired14, Stryfe, Smizack, pik4chu, Papsomax, orion25, Moorcito, Midnight Dream, LiGhTBoY, Hagios, deRusett, DeRose306, Cjwinnit, Blueacid, A1Killer.

Arabia: Pred8r.

Asia: BUBBLE.

Canada: Titan386, Stryfe, deRusett, David, 9mmCensor.

UK: UnseenMenace, dominator, David, Cjwinnit, Chris.

US: Titan386, Super Nade, Stryfe, pik4chu, orion25, Mustard Duster, MuEagle05, Midnight Dream, michaelpi, mbentley, masitti, esau, dicecca112, DeRose306, David, corrosion231 (lower 48), bubba gump, Beeran (southeast), Arkaine23, {PMS}fishy.

Third, PM and ask! :)

------------------------------------

So, how much does it cost?

A:It's free. Simply send the person blank CD's if they ask for it with enough stamps for returning.

A note to people who are offering to sell a burn for money: You are not allowed to sell anything outside the classifieds. This is not the classifieds, so please don't ask to be paid.

---------------

Other points:

Anyone else able to do such a service, or anyone who wants a distro but doesn't know who to contact, Feel free to say so! :)

It's wise to go through the thread and see that person's post.

Please PM me or post in this thread if any of this is inaccurate.

Remember, if there isn't the option there you wanted, don't fret. Most of the people here are also in the wildcard "Anything" and "Anywhere" categories and are happy to download it for you on their leet internet connections.

Last edited:
I have offered Overclockix and Knoppix cd's in the past and will continue to do so. I've got some updates for Overclockix planned and in the works, so I'll try to keep cjwinnit updated about those ISO's. After all, less time spent burning and mailing CD's for me = more time spent building new and better ISO's.

I'd be willing to help anyone out who needs it :)

Distros available: Anything I can download, 3 CDs or less, preferably
Shipping to: North America
Protocol: Recipient is to send me blank CD's accompanied with stamps to allow return of burned Linux disks. Sender to cover shipping costs and provides CD's. Burn is free.

PM box is always open.

I've got a subscription to Slackware, so I'd be willing to burn anyone the latest release, or older releases if they want.

Distro: Slackware
Shipping to: Anywhere, as long as you cover the cost.
Protocol: Recipient is to send me blank CD's accompanied with stamps to allow return of burned Linux disks. Sender to cover shipping costs and provides CD's. Burn is free.

PM me and we can work out the details.

Count me in as well.

Distros: Any distro you can think of
Shipping to: Anywhere, cost is on you
Protocol:Recipient is to send me blank CD's accompanied with stamps to allow return of burned Linux disks. Sender to cover shipping costs and provides CD's. Burn is free.

I'm always open to PMs

Distros available: Any downloadable distro
Shipping to: UK
Protocol: Send me discs and a self addressed envelope with enough stamps on it, and i'll post them back.

:)

I would be more than willing to burn any free software for anyone that may need it. My only requirements are that the software is of free distrubtion. (If it is not and I find out about it I will report to Mods for an attempt to request pirated software) Also the person must cover shipping charges plus 5 cents per CD. I am very happy to help anyone escpially that only has dial up. I understand how annoying it is to have to download off of dial up. PM me with a request with your address and I will get back to you ASAP. Also it may take up to a day or two for me to burn and ship out because of my current job.

I'll jump into this fray. I don't have too fast of a connection, (256k/256k), but I'd be happy to burn a Linux distro CD for someone local.
I've got enough blank CDs that I wouldn't charge for 1-3 CDs. The only condition is that I don't want to bother with shipping.
I'm in Eugene, Or. very near the UO campus. Drop me a PM and allow 8 hours for any CDs I don't have.

Edit: Here's what I have:
Knoppix (3.3, 9-24-2003)
Gentoo PPC Gnome 1.4 r7 310503 LiveCD
Gentoo PPC KDE 1.4 r7 020603 LiveCD
Yoper 3.2.2
SUSe FTP install cd (I can't imagine why you'd want this burned, though)
Redhat 9.0 cd 1 ( bad md5sum on cd 2 )
Mandrake 9.1 cd 1

Last edited:
I don't have high speed internet, but I'll offer what I have.
Distros available: Red Hat 9, Morphix, Mandrake 9.1
Shipping to: USA
Protocol: Send me discs and a self addressed envelope with enough stamps on it, and i'll post them back.

Last edited:
count me in as the midwest connection. :D

Distro: redhat 7.2, redhat 9, slackware 8.1, mandrake 9.1, debian, gentoo(2 live cds) and knoppix.
Shipping to: US
Protocol: Recipient is to send me blank CD's accompanied with stamps to allow return of burned Linux disks. Sender to cover shipping costs and provide CD's. Burn is free.

will also download other distros by request.
pm me if interested

also the latest version of americas army, if anyone wants it. :)

wow, a lot of responses, maybe the first post(or add a second main post for everyone else) should be edited to neatly display each of the people that are willing to make this service available. list em by location maybe, so one can easily browse through to find the person closest to them.

Last edited:
Aeon Flux said:
My only requirements are that the software is of free distrubtion. (If it is not and I find out about it I will report to Mods for an attempt to request pirated software)

Good call, report it, the mods should be all over this.

Just a point to note, if anyone wishes to charge for the service (if any money changes hands) then please talk to one of the Classifieds moderators, you can't advertise outside there and I'm not sure you could sell Linux CD's there anyway.

Another point, the distro's I listed I have physically sitting on my HDD. Those that offered, could you list those you have in the catastrophic event you can't download anything?

Thanks for the replies and the positive response guys :)
esau said:
wow, a lot of responses, maybe the first post(or add a second main post for everyone else) should be edited to neatly display each of the people that are willing to make this service available. list em by location maybe, so one can easily browse through to find the person closest to them.

Good call, see first post :)

The more the merrier guys, feel free to help everyone out. Shout if you can.

Last edited:
Distros: Any upon your giving me the link if it is a knoppix remaster or not listed on www.linuxiso.org
Shipping: United States of America (continental)
Protocol:You send me CD's and the necesary stamps and an adress to send em too and I will get it back to ya! I prefer the recipient sends them in a padded envelope so they do not get messed up...and so that I don't have to buy one when I resend them :)

Contact:Use the email function via the forum (I think it allows) or PM me, or contact me via the AIM SN on the forum...

Fold and Frag on
Brian

Linux CDs

Just to add - I'm in it as well - I've got:

Mandrake,
Redhat,
Debian,
Knoppix,
and Dynebolic (www.dynebolic.org).
(pretty much the latest versions - all of them)

Send me discs, something to send them back in, P&P on you.
I'm in the UK, if you're not and send enough P&P to get them back to you wherever you are, then they will, otherwise they won't.

Cheers,

Domainator.

I've got some time off coming up and can help here also, same as anybody else pm me for western Minnesota, easter South Dakota, or elsewhere if you want to pay the shipping.

Im up for helping out as well - Im on a Uni connection so I can grab ISOs at 500kB/s - you name it and I'll download and burn it for you.

UK only preferably, US/Canada/Europe if you pay shipping costs.

Fedora, Redhat, FreeBSD

Feel free to add me to the list for Fedora, Redhat 9, and FreeBSD. :)
Also I can download anything else anyone wants.
I'll ship anywhere as long as the cost is covered for me. I live in Canada so shipping to Canada or the US is probably pretty inexpensive.

Back