• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.33 to 1.4 Is it worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diablo

Registered
currently running the 1.33 axia at 1.530 was planning to purchase a water cooling kit since im using air cooling rt now or do you think i should pop for the new 1.4 so far from the post ive been seeing im not to impressed with the new 1.4!

At 1530 you allready have a sweet cpu. I think your money could be better spent. Ditch the orb and put a good cooler on there, you just might gain the ability to run a little faster. Invest in some better ram most generic ram will not OC to a high fsb. Running at a higher fsb with your ram settings all maxed out makes a big difference.

With water cooling or even a better hsf such as the thermoengine you should lower your temps and be able to overclock that puppy even more. So go with better cooling, your money will be much better spent.

stop lying to him damnit. send me the 1.33 and i will, uhh, inspect it. then order yourself the 1.4 ;-) actually, the 1.33 is a great chip. i consider the leap in price to the 1.4 not to be worth it. just had my friend order the 1.33 actually, when he considering the 1.4. as said above, get some good cooling and you might even get a few more mhz out of it ;-) watercooling or a better hsf would work well.

Some people have been saying the 1.4 run cooler! some others are having real problems with this chip so I would just work on the 1.333 chip and wait a little bit to get more knowledge about the 1.4s.

I wouldn't even consider a 1.4 in your position, you're already way above the diminishing returns line on CPU power currently, you'd be much better to buy a water cooling rig or some other hardware <video card or the like if you need one> I went from a 750 tbird at 900 to a 1 ghz AXIA tbird at 1470 mhz with a FOP38, thats a HELLA deal and alot of power, dont waste your cash on another CPU, you can probably easily squeeze another 50 mhz out of the one you have anyways.

Back