• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your FAVORITE motherboard brand!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoeCrappa

I'm taking a poll to see what your favorite motherboard manufacturers are. I'm planning on opening an internet store front and I would like to know what people would like to see in stock. The site should be up relatively soon, just need some input from you guys. Perhaps I'll be able to crack some of you guys some deals.

My favorite brand: Abit

Abit and DFI. Abit for performance and overclocking, DFI for their awsome stability (atleast the older boards, i haven't used any of the newer ones).

Another Abit vote :D I have built alot of systems using MSI boards though and for just a general purpose board without ocing they are pretty nice.

Iv never used abit before but out of my exp. with asus,soyo,and msi. Id have to choose the msi. Even though iv only had it for 2 days i think it still beats the pevious 2 iv had.

ive only owned, compaq board, emachine board, ecs,and asus. asus is easily the best of them all, so i reccomend it, but form what i here, abit is pretty good too.

I have experience with Abit, Asus, Gigabyte, Intel, Supermicro, and recently Shuttle. I'd definitely recommend Abit and Supermicro, the latter for absolute build robustness and stability. Shuttle is top budget stuff, and of course they have their mini systems (wish they would sell their mini mobos individually though). I would've recommended Asus and Gigabyte as well, but their new colors make me want to puke, and Gigabyte's marketspeak is getting quite tiring. Just whatever you do, don't go straight Intel, motherboard-wise. That's what Dell's for ;).

BTW, my sig also says IWill, but I haven't gotten that system up yet, so I can't comment on them. I'm leaning towards putting them on my yes list, though.

Back