• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

uh oh. winXP pro trouble.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

modenaf1

well, suddenly my clock for some reason wants to set the year to soemthing high up in the 2000's like 2201 and nothing works with it like that. And i cant highlight and type in the year, i have to click the arrows, is there any way to fix this without having to reformat or reinstall?

Thanks
-f1
:cool:

Most likely your BIOS clock is all messed up. Thats what happened to my comp. Until I changed the BIOS clock I could not get the windows clock to stay at right time after restarting the computer. They should be synchronized. Good Luck!

Matt

thanks guys! that really helps! and ya know what? i was having trouble the other week and i had to reset the bios! thats it!. Thanks. whoa, i never thought of that, i thought my Xp pro was turning into ME! :eek:

Thanks again!
-f1

EDIT:
Crash override, whoa! i never knew Boulder had an atomic clock! oh well, i syncronze my comps time to my watch which is syncronized with school. I keep it all that way so all my times are the same. Thanks though!

Double click on the clock and go to the Internet Time tab. Synchronize your PC with an Internet time server.

well, it turned out it was the bios that has the time messed up. Only problem is, no matter what i do, tried clearing cmos, the darn thing keeps going to year 2210 or whatever, i cant change it, usually i hit enter and it brings up a box for me to type it in, it just wont do that. and i would try the internet thingy, but i have to get it to a reasonable year before anything will work, so id end up having to reset it all the time anyways just to connect ot the net. :(

now im having sound trouble too. My sound echoes, it sounds terrible. but i havent tried anything yet, ill reinstall the driver and if that dosent work ill jsut ask in the sound section.

Thanks for all your help everyone!
-f1

modenaf1 said:
well, it turned out it was the bios that has the time messed up. Only problem is, no matter what i do, tried clearing cmos, the darn thing keeps going to year 2210 or whatever, i cant change it, usually i hit enter and it brings up a box for me to type it in, it just wont do that. and i would try the internet thingy, but i have to get it to a reasonable year before anything will work, so id end up having to reset it all the time anyways just to connect ot the net. :(

now im having sound trouble too. My sound echoes, it sounds terrible. but i havent tried anything yet, ill reinstall the driver and if that dosent work ill jsut ask in the sound section.

Thanks for all your help everyone!
-f1

Well if you can't get it to edit the time you may consider flashing the BIOS to a newer/old or maybe even the same version.
Did you try highlighting it and just putting in a number? (don't use the number keys somtimes they don't work)

Sound. YOu did resart right? I know its obvious but...
Also check in your seettings to make sure you didnt change any envorment settings. There are ones that make it echo like in a cathedral type of thing.

And ya. Boulder has everything:D (except some of the things that it is missing)

CrashOveride said:

Well if you can't get it to edit the time you may consider flashing the BIOS to a newer/old or maybe even the same version.
Did you try highlighting it and just putting in a number? (don't use the number keys somtimes they don't work)

Sound. YOu did resart right? I know its obvious but...
Also check in your seettings to make sure you didnt change any envorment settings. There are ones that make it echo like in a cathedral type of thing.

And ya. Boulder has everything:D (except some of the things that it is missing)

OMG ROFLMAO! for the sound, for some reason avance sound manager had it set to "stone corridor" :D lol im not in a stone corridor lol.

as for the time, i fgured out how to set it in the BIOS, but its messed up as soon as i get to like 2005 when i try to go to 2004 it ends the loop and goes to 2204 or soemthing like that. And it automatically sets it to 2204 whenever i restart now. even inthe bios :( i might have to flash the bios up update it or soemthing :(

Back