• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case cooling overkill?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

earthdick

I think I finally found an aluminum case I like here. It is a rebranded TTGI/ Superflower. I am planning on putting in five panaflo 80mm medium output fans with 32.1 CFM, 28 dBA each. I was also thinking of modding the side window facing the board with a 120mm panaflo low output at 68.9 CFM, 30 dBA blowing in. It is for the new system I am building with Barton/ABIT NF7-S/512 PC3700/Radeon 9500.

Is this fan cooling overkill and going to be too loud? Should I go with the panaflo 80m low output fans instead at 24 CFM 21 dBA?

I am planning on getting an Antec TruePower 550 and will be doing mild to moderate overclocking.

Thanks for all your opinions and comments.

You can probably get away with the low output fans if you are going to run so many of them, especially if you are talking about adding that 120mm as well.

Deathknight said:
You can probably get away with the low output fans if you are going to run so many of them, especially if you are talking about adding that 120mm as well.

I concur.

It shouldn't be loud at all (either way (low or med output), but I wouldn't bother getting low output fans if you are gonna have a much louder one on the HS). I wouldn't be surprised if your PSU (not to mention HDD's) is louder than your fans... maybe you would wanna' stick a 120mm on there as well if that is the case (I am assuming you want it quite)? Unless of course you have a delta/tornado on ther HS...

Last edited:
That's not overkill at all. I do recommend the L1A in the side panel though. I did it in another case and it helped temps and will also cool the Zalman HP on my GPU.

Back