• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4c overclocking - intel newb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cujo

k guys go easy on me. i'm an amd fan but a friend just bought a 2.4c to put in a p4p800 with some ocz pc3700 gold series. i'm pretty sure the results will be sweet. obviously overclocking is planned though he only has stock cpu hsf.

anyway, i have a few questions.

first, i'm not sure how to read the cpu right.

SL6Z3 Costa Rica
3332A391

4332A669

that's sort of how it looks on the cpu.

also, what things do i have to worry about getting too hot. will stock northbridge cooler and voltage allow cpu to be run in sync with ram? what are acceptable temps with this cpu? i plan on scratching off the retail crap on hsf and using as3. i guess arctic silver website has intructions on how to apply... i think that's about it for now.

am goin away for the weekend so just post replies and i'll be back monday afternoon to read and respond. we're setting it up on monday around 4pm EST.

SL6Z3 is the M0 stepping, the newest.

might be worth it to get a better HSF though.

the default NB cooler should be sufficient for running FSB at 200Mhz, probably more (I have no first hand experience with this)

temps... under 60C?

With a little luck and judicious use of dividers you should be able to hit 3.3 to 3.5 ghz on stock cooling.

Stock northbridge cooler is good for at least 275 FSB or more. The stock CPU cooler is good for at least 3.2 gig (maybe more if you don't have to raise the voltage much).

batboy said:
Stock northbridge cooler is good for at least 275 FSB or more. The stock CPU cooler is good for at least 3.2 gig (maybe more if you don't have to raise the voltage much).

I have to agree with batboy...yet I always go with a better HSF.
yet if your case is cooled nice, and not too much voltage, then you should be fine.

btw, don't go over 1.7vcore, and try to keep your temps lower then 50c at full lode.

good luck

mica

WOW ... Ive read quite abit about the new SL6Z3/M0 chips lately and they are reportinging to OC like crazy with the stock sink @ default voltages . So far 3450/3600 was like an average OC with stock/default setup .

Seems you should have a very nice chip on your hands cujo .

Best of luck to you ;) :D

*edited*

Last edited:
Back