• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic PC gets extras + system req

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OC Noob said:
I like this in the minimum reqs:

"and a hefty 256MB of RAM for Windows XP users (512MB is recommended)."

What does this guy do with his PC, just Word processing? What is he doing writing an article on games if hes calling 256 mbs hefty.

heh star wars galaxies uses 900+ mbs on my system...256 mbs is just is a breeze:D

Melhisedek said:
To people who played XBOX version of it... How log does it take to complete the game ?

I've been playing through it doing the dark side and just love the game. I never liked Star Wars or sci-fi, but this game is so good it doesn't matter. Its got the best Star Wars story line I've ever seen, but I've only seen the movies, so my SW experience is a bit limited.

Oh yeah, your question. The first time through doing most of the quests and side quests it took me 60 hours. If you zip through it and only do the core stuff you can probably do it in 30 hours, but the side quests and info you get is so good you'll want to do everything. Plus, you can do the light side and the dark side that changes the out come of most stuff so its a good 30-120 hours depending on what you want to do.

This is one of the few games that actually makes me feel like I'm in the game and part of the action. I'm not big on RPG fighting systems, but for an RPG its pretty good. Its no action game fighting, but its fun.

One of the great things about it is they have voice acting for all the dialoge. It really brings the game to life.

IMO it starts off a little slow, but once you get off the first world things really pick up. Your relationships with party members is really cool to. You can be friends or insult and threaten people. You can even do some flirting to influence people.

Pretty cool game considering I didn't like SW or sci-fi before I started playing it. It should be up there with other game of the year candidates.

Back