• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Xaser II A5000C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drguitarum2005

Registered
Hey guys, I just bought the tt case mentioned in the subject, and I had a question about w parts it comes with. One is a little metal ring, about an inch in diamater that came with the screws and keys, and one is a line of about 8 purple plastic rings under one of the 3.5 inch cages near the front, any clue as to what they are?

metalring.jpg

purplerings.jpg

the purple plastic rings in the case are for tidying the cables inside the case, the ones that go to the ports on the front and maybe a fan cale etc
dunno what the other thing is for though sorry

usually that little metal wring comes with most cases, only the wires from the front panel are wrapped around it one time. i never new quite what it was for, like those little magnetic shields on the ends of some usb cables though.

J.

I believe the metal ring is placed in the bottom of the case, so when you remove screws or need to place some in there for adding things it keeps them from wandering off. You know how those damn things like to wander around the house just when you need them:) Its like a screw kennel:)

The metal ring is a ferrite core for emi shielding. Wrap the cables from your front panel to the motherboard around it before you connect them. And the plastic bit is *NOT* for cable management. Its a support for older, longer expansion cards. If you havent got any long cards, just take it out, you dont need it.

The metal ring is a ferrite core for emi shielding. Wrap the cables from your front panel to the motherboard around it before you connect them

Ah! I see now, but I still think it serves a better purpose in keeping my screws handy:)

Back