• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you think of this card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thank you to the few that gave decent input.Now how about we do the board a favor and let this thread R.I.P ?

Chief said:
Thank you to the few that gave decent input.Now how about we do the board a favor and let this thread R.I.P ?

maybe it's just me.....but this remark sounds ungreatfull in the least.

when I ask for advice, I may not allways get a reply I like.
and some may be unkind in there posting.
but why only thank the people who gave you replys that were "decent"?

if you noticed, I didn't compare it to an ATI card....
I just gave you a non biased thought on the card you asked about.
if you like, I can pimp the card? but why would you like to hear a bunch of lies?

mica

here is my biggest thing with this thread, if you wanted info on an NV card it should have been posted in th NV section. this is where most people come to learn about graphics cards, which is why i post in these threads. i dont want someone coming in here reading about how awesome a certain video card is, when in fact there are many other better choices out there. such as the card in this case. some newb comes through reads about how awesome this card is, then buys one only to find out later that he could have had a better card for cheaper. these types of threads are why the forum has an ati and an nv section, use them.

micamica1217 said:
mmmmm.....the 5900u
what do I think about it.
it all starts with nVidia.......

1) discrediting 3dMark03 because NV Hardware ran poorly
2) Cheating in 3dMark03 to inflate benchmark scores by insering clipping planes, doing partial z-clears, and substituting shaders
3) cheating in UT2003, most used benchmark, to inflate scores
4 discrediting Websites that reported the cheats
5) discrediting FRAPS as unreliable as a benchmarking tool after Reviewers started using it to bench games not normally used as benchmarks and therefore not optimized for by Nvidia
6) Nvidia encodes driver to defeat anti-cheat scripts that show driver cheats in popular benchmarks.
7) Coerce Eidos into dropping v.49 patch to Tomb Raider because imbedded benchmark module would have shown all users just how poorly NV hardware runs the game even though the patch fixed many game issues as well for Customers. Nvidia says F*** the customer. ... "The Way YOUR meant to be Played"
8) ask websites to test NV hardware with beta drivers that have broken functions and effects and poor image quality, but do run certain widely benchmarked Games faster?

plagerizing my List mica? You could at least give credit to the author....Me:)

Imagine, something I posted being quoted! Whats the world coming to?:cool:

As for the comments you got Chief...the facts are the facts, take heed. Would you rather be told the truth about it and maybe save yourself from a large mistake, or have us blow smoke up your *** like Nvidia has been doing for the last 10 months? If you just wanted a pat on the back for your insightful choices in Video cards, your looking in the wrong place.

If your just going to run DX7/8 games, save a few bucks and get a Ti4200, If you want to be able to play the latest DX9 title when it's ready, Get an ATI card. it's a no brainer!

Otherwise I don't want to see you b****** and moanin in a couple of months about how crappy your 5900 Lite is running some DX9 game half as fast as an ATI card that prob cost less. Caveat Emptor!

HardwareJedi said:

plagerizing my List mica? You could at least give credit to the author....Me:)

Imagine, something I posted being quoted! Whats the world coming to?:cool:

As for the comments you got Chief...the facts are the facts, take heed. Would you rather be told the truth about it and maybe save yourself from a large mistake, or have us blow smoke up your *** like Nvidia has been doing for the last 10 months? If you just wanted a pat on the back for your insightful choices in Video cards, your looking in the wrong place.

If your just going to run DX7/8 games, save a few bucks and get a Ti4200, If you want to be able to play the latest DX9 title when it's ready, Get an ATI card. it's a no brainer!

Otherwise I don't want to see you b****** and moanin in a couple of months about how crappy your 5900 Lite is running some DX9 game half as fast as an ATI card that prob cost less. Caveat Emptor!

dude, it was a compliment....and I forgot to list your name as the authur(sorry).
I'm just so sick of going on and on at how bad the FX cards realy are....and you said this so well.

mica

I am grateful to all who posted replies - what I meant by decent input was not taking a rather simple question into left field and debating weather Ford is better than Chevy or ati is better than NV.Unbias you were mica and had decent input.

hmmmmmmmmm why spend 50 some dollars on a fx5900 you must be rich man!!!! If you ahven't bought a cardyet and want something in that price range look at the ati radeon 8900xt.... its like the best graphics card out right now..... if that's any incentive..... basically when buying a video card i look at what can give me the most for my money... and right now nvidia cards aren't doing too good perforamnce wise....

Darryl_D said:
hmmmmmmmmm why spend 50 some dollars on a fx5900 you must be rich man!!!! If you ahven't bought a cardyet and want something in that price range look at the ati radeon 8900xt.... its like the best graphics card out right now..... if that's any incentive..... basically when buying a video card i look at what can give me the most for my money... and right now nvidia cards aren't doing too good perforamnce wise....

Did you read the posts? Sounds like you are drunk!

Back