• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

By guys.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LandShark said:

hi IMOG, first of all, all my links w/in my sig. should be legal w/in the forum's sig. rule. all OC.com DC teams' link and Heatware account link is legal I believe. and the SETIQueue server link to mainly to provide as a SETI work unit caching service for all SETI team members. and by my caculation, I think I still w/in the "point system" too.

second, I first saw your comment on VTech's sig ends w/ a :D face. so I thought you do mean it but trying to do it in a better/easier/no offense way to him. therefore, I was just try to make a little joke/fun about it as many others who know me know I've already been trying to make the atmosphere easier/funnier to people. I ended my reply also w/ a :D face just to express it's a joke, didn't mean you were not doing what you need to do. and I really do understand and repect all mod./senior members that they all really trying to make this forum as good as it could be. I'm sorry if I had offened you in any way!!

:) I was not frustrated/aggravated/or feeling in anyway negateive, don't worry about it, you didn't offend me at all... but reading back over my last post I can definetly see the trouble deciding how to take my last post. I must have been distracted or rushed when writing it.

I feel bad getting after you OC teams guys, so I was trying to justify matters to you guys as much as I was trying to justify it to myself.

The best explanation I can give you is that Thelemac's sig guidelines list exactly three legal links. The heatware link has a clause that allows links to other pages/profiles. The octeams links do not - other octeam links are not permitted. Only octeam links to the team mainpages are allowed.

I can only assume the mods have good reasons for the rules or they wouldn't have them. I have already suggested that www.folding.stanford.edu link be permitted in sigs, but it was rejected.

deez said:
IMOG SETI team members have had the same info in sigs as long as I can remember and nobody has ever had any probs with it.

What's the deal?

A startling number of sig violations throughout the forums have been recognized as a problem. Solutions were proposed, and the current campaign for awareness of sig rules and correction of sig violations was seen by some as the most member friendly solution.

There were other propositions on the table which would have been far more disagreeable.

If this campaign is deemed as successful, no further action will be taken.

I realize how reasonable your point of view is. I am of this opinion on the matter:

The links are against forum rules and need to be removed, or they need to be added to the rules so they can be kept. There is no reason to have a grey area.

While I don't like coming down on you guys, having this persective on the situation helps because I know that if enough people are unhappy they can try to change the rules so it isn't a problem.

I hope my explanations are satisfactory.

Last edited:
I cant imagine what people are thinking when reading this thread but i for one see trouble brewing. Noone has ever needed to police the SETI section because there has never ever been a problem here. SO why does it seem like it is about to happen. I'm not naming names but i'm sure everyone is aware of whom i'm talking about.

I agree this post just needs to be removed. The main topic is a resolved issue and there is no need to go in the direction it is IF it is. :D

To avert any assumptions, I am progressing through the membership by date joined. This has little prejudice against specific groups of members, and all the new members I have contacted so far have enjoyed the attention from a forum staff member - an unexpected benefit.

I will not be policing any specific group, but everyones "day of reckoning" will eventually be upon them. :mad: ;)

I hope no one else is angry, I am just trying to field everyone's questions over the sig rules. This thread isn't going to go in any negative direction as far as I'm concerned - and everyone else seems friendly enough to me so far. :)

Last edited:
IMOG said:

Your sig is 14 lines long at size 1.

Remove the first line of space in your sig and it will conform to the rules.

;)

I never even thought about the blank line before :eek:. I based it upon 13 x .75. Fixed now though.

Ya, people usually forget to count the blank lines at first.

The blank line is still their in your sig however, you still got 10.5 points in your sig. ;)

Thanks for the cooperation.

Burning Phoenix said:
I cant imagine what people are thinking when reading this thread but i for one see trouble brewing. Noone has ever needed to police the SETI section because there has never ever been a problem here. SO why does it seem like it is about to happen. I'm not naming names but i'm sure everyone is aware of whom i'm talking about.

Agreed, in the future these things should be handled via PM.

---

IMOG I understand you are doing your "job" or at least I assume it's your job, either way it sounds like you REALLY enjoy it from the looks of the comments below (from this thread). In the future please try be a bit more courteous especially in this section of the forum.

IMOG said:
Landshark, I assume all those links in your sig are approved... Or are you another one trying to inflate my statistics?

...but everyones "day of reckoning" will eventually be upon them

IMOG - hey if it is your job to track approved links and everything shouldn't you know??? :D:D

Just highlight his sig and you will see how much he enjoys it.:rolleyes:

Links within the OC Teams sites are allowed, like linking to the benchmark prog, or linking to your benchmark on the setiteam site. Those have never been contested the only link in Gary's, excuse me, landsharks sig is his link to his setiqueue server thats the only grey area link in his sig. As the setiqueue server is only usable by seti I would allow that one. But that is just me, let me know if you have any questions regarding this IMOG, thanks!

J :cool:

I wish Cuper... But your right.

Alright guys, sorry for the confusion.

I look like a royal *** now. But in my own defense I would like to say that I have no more access to the rules than everyone else does - but I ask questions everyday and I have already asked several mods multiple times to have the rules updated so that they accurately reflect what is enforced and what isn't.

Seeing as how the rules aren't being updated to make more team members aware that they can have cooler links in their sigs, and in the mean time make tracking sigs easier - I appreciate your offer to answer any questions I have SpeedDj, I'm sure I will take you up on that in the future.

FYI, the next rig I build/fix for someone is going to have Seti on it... At this point, I think it's the least I could do. ;) Sorry guys. :)

EDIT: I also wanted to mention that my sig tracking isn't something I do for fun. It is just a task I have taken up for the forums which I try to make as fun as possible so it doesn't feel so much like work, even though it is (I have sent over 66 PM's, received at least half as many and responded with thank you's to every one of them, held numerous PM convo's helping people and asking mods questions, all in the past 5 days). My sig is just to increase awareness and show that something is actually being done about it - with a touch of style.

There are alternatives to what I'm doing, and they were suggested before I started doing this - now I think those suggestions are stalled atleast. Working to fix up sigs is a more agreeable option for everyone than the other suggestions, in my opinion.

I apologize again to anyone who took offense to me, all of my other dealings are handled VIA PM. I only posted in this thread instead of PMing on the topic because I knew everyone in this forum was fairly good humored - but I should have considered that no one here knows me. Sorry. :beer:

Last edited:
IMOG said:

FYI, the next rig I build/fix for someone is going to have Seti on it... At this point, I think it's the least I could do. ;) Sorry guys. :)

don't be IMOG! it's all cool! we all just try to make here a better place. ;)

and tell your friend welcome to the SETI world, plus don't forget to mention this team to him/her!! tks!! ;)

IMOG - we were just bustin' yo chops!!! :D:D I actually wanted to be a sig moderator over at another site that I frequent but they won't have anything to do with that :rolleyes: I get sick and tired of having pictures that take up 1/3 of my 21 inch monitor!!!:mad: Anyhoo, I know that you are doing a needed job and for that I thank ya;)

Cuper

Last edited:
Back