• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

By guys.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I have posted in the other thread, and I am currently writing, but wanted you to know I was writing. I will edit this.

I think you would be making a mistake if you were really to leave OC-forums because of a single thread. Understand that the video section is a point of extreme tension and requires an amount of moderation at times that is unreasonable - mods can't be there watching every thread at all times. Under normal conditions however, moderation keeps things under reasonable control.

You had valid points in your thread, as did other people, however they were not being mindful of the question you posed. If you are in the Nvidia forum and make it as clear as you did that you do not want to consider ATI, then that is your right.

If you don't mind my mentioning it, I think it would have been a good idea if you did what you said you would do in your initial post in that thread and simply ignored any ATI recommendations.

The problem is, instead of there now being fanboys for ATI and fanboys for Nvidia, there are also people who think ATI are unbiasedly the clear winners in every aspect due to recent events in the top of the line gaming market segment - and this new breed thinks that sense they are unbiased they can just beligerantly explain why they are right no matter what anyone else tells them - EVEN if someone tells them they don't care who is right.

BTW: I can only delete my own postings, I cannot delete your postings, sorry.

Last edited:
Uh and what connection does the Seti team have with this? You're quitting Seti because of a grade school style argument in the video card forum?

No he isn't, he said at first in the other thread that he would continue SETI for this team. He since editted his posting after his initial reaction and that comment that he would continue SETI is no longer there.

no matter what, just please re-consider before you leave this forum because of a mis-replied thread from others. there's still a lots and lots of wonderful and mature people around the forum who are very willing to help/comment/advice!! think twice, please!! :cool:

I am staying and reacted in a childish maner myself. Just getting tired of the game that children here feel the need to play over intel vs amd and ati vs nvidia.

SETI is still being run by me for this team and IMOG stated it correctly.

That's good your happy...

Now remove that God forsaken illegal link in your sig!

Hehe, I was just waiting for that. Consult my sig link for guidance if necessary. :D

VTECH
Since your posts were deleted i can only guess what you wrote.
I am a Nvidia fan as it seems you are also. Anyways i dont usually play games and when i do i find that any Video card under $100 plays them just fine for me. From the responses i gathered you don't like ASUS. Why? Those are the only cards i buy because i like the company. If i were to look at another it would probably be Leadtek.
Hope that helps.

well, i know it might not be the right forum to discuss this, but i too am nVidia fan and had only own nVidia card since TNT2. (well, besides my cruncher....which does use $10 dollar used junk card or ATi's $25 card) honestly, if i'm in the market right now, i might go to ATi's too, but anyway..... i've been having Gainward's card and love it, especially their golden sample version's GF4. :D

Landshark, I assume all those links in your sig are approved... Or are you another one trying to inflate my statistics?

You are only allowed to have the links listed in my sig. All others are illegal.

It makes it very difficult to enforce the rules if the rules don't appear to be consistent. I am sorry and I think perhaps it is silly to not be allowed to have those links, but instead of ignoring what the rules say, people need to begin voiceing their opinions and just getting the rules changed.

Until the rules change, please remove those links.

If they are approved, please let me know by who, so I can discuss it with them - with the number of violations I handle it is hard enough to enforce the rules as they are without having to consider numerous things I am supposed to overlook.

The strength of the forum teams would be a great help towards improving and enforcing the rules. By myself and with just a few others, all we can do is enforce the rules as they are.

IMOG SETI team members have had the same info in sigs as long as I can remember and nobody has ever had any probs with it.

What's the deal?

Last edited:
IMOG said:
Landshark, I assume all those links in your sig are approved... Or are you another one trying to inflate my statistics?

You are only allowed to have the links listed in my sig. All others are illegal.

It makes it very difficult to enforce the rules if the rules don't appear to be consistent. I am sorry and I think perhaps it is silly to not be allowed to have those links, but instead of ignoring what the rules say, people need to begin voiceing their opinions and just getting the rules changed.

Until the rules change, please remove those links.

If they are approved, please let me know by who, so I can discuss it with them - with the number of violations I handle it is hard enough to enforce the rules as they are without having to consider numerous things I am supposed to overlook.

The strength of the forum teams would be a great help towards improving and enforcing the rules. By myself and with just a few others, all we can do is enforce the rules as they are.
hi IMOG, first of all, all my links w/in my sig. should be legal w/in the forum's sig. rule. all OC.com DC teams' link and Heatware account link is legal I believe. and the SETIQueue server link to mainly to provide as a SETI work unit caching service for all SETI team members. and by my caculation, I think I still w/in the "point system" too.

second, I first saw your comment on VTech's sig ends w/ a :D face. so I thought you do mean it but trying to do it in a better/easier/no offense way to him. therefore, I was just try to make a little joke/fun about it as many others who know me know I've already been trying to make the atmosphere easier/funnier to people. I ended my reply also w/ a :D face just to express it's a joke, didn't mean you were not doing what you need to do. and I really do understand and repect all mod./senior members that they all really trying to make this forum as good as it could be. I'm sorry if I had offened you in any way!!

cooldrum3 said:
:eh?: Those are all SETI team links with the exception of the HeatWare link. All of which are stated as permissable in Thelemac's sig thread.

Your sig is 14 lines long at size 1.

Remove the first line of space in your sig and it will conform to the rules.

;)

Back