• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Go for Complete set or part by part?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thaimonk

Registered
hey

I'm kind of new to the water cooling tho. So dun know if i should just get the whole complete set of the water cooling or should i just get part by part of it. can someone help me out? and which part or set are good tho? swiftech? koolance?

From this thread
Q: Should I build a customized system, or buy a pre-configured one?
A: The general consensus is that you will get better performance out of a system that you build yourself.

Also...

Q: I'm new to WC and would like you to review this setup I'm thinking of buying...

A: These posts are as common as they come in the WC forum. They vary from posting complete DIY installations to comparisons between complete WC-in-a-box kits. This question can't exactly be answered in a FAQ, since every person that wishes to WC will have different goals in mind; quiet cooling, highest overclock, compact design... or maybe they just want to be as cool as Vonkaar. The basic answers to these posts are:

1) If the system is a proprietary cooler-in-a-box (Swiftech's solution) is it from a respected source? Swiftech puts out quality parts, but ABC Cooling CO may not be the best product. The most common response to someone wanting to go with a pre-packaged cooling setup is, "You should be able to get a better performing system for a cheaper price if you build your own setup." For those that truly wish to stick with a WC-in-a-box, stick with name-brands and well-reviewed setups and you'll be fine. Otherwise...

2) For piece-by-piece, review me questions, there is a 95% chance that every component on your shopping list has already had some sort of review or post discussing its quality and performance. If you have to hear someone say that the Eheim 1250 has a good reputation, you didn't use the search button and people will scorn you for it. Especially me. Tygon tubing over rubber hose? do a basic search... Your shopping list might get narrowed down to 1 or 2 components that haven't been discussed. Great! Ask about them and save the NEXT person the headache of finding opinions on that component.

3) Some companies sell packages that are very much like a DIY setup. You might see an Eheim 1250 with a Maze4, Black-Ice radiator and Tygon tubing. Good package! The best thing to find out is, are you saving any money? Look around and see if the $200 package couldn't be bought separately for $120.

"sets" are mostly pack of parts which can be bought separately. Advantage of buying parts is that you buy everything you want. So I'm for making own set.

i would buy the individual parts. good places to shop

xoxide.com
frozencpu.com
dtekcustoms.com
dangerden.com
directron.com
usplastics.com

I highly recommend spending a lot of time seeing what's out there, compare things, see what'll be best for you. Good luck and post pics when you get everything set up!

as much as i want to buy them... i can't!! it's not in New Zealand :( if i order from US.. it's gonna cost a lot aye?

Back