• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are you an Ubercloxx0r ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Orange belt!

Overclocked:
AMD Duron (as listed in sig)
AMD FX 6300 As shown here, starting on page 9
Intel i5 2300 As shown here
Intel i5 3570K As most know, couldn't get above 4.4 Ghz stable. :bang head
Modded my Gateway's BIOS unlocking all the hidden options. (Only the multiplier setting showed though...) 5 points = Orange belt as per Austin's new guide :D
If case mods and modifying the "golden bridges" on the old Durons count, that's 3 more points!

I think we should include GPU's and Ram as well. GPU's could be based on architecture just like CPU's and RAM could be DIMM, DDR, DDR2... Also what about other mods like case mods and custom Reservoirs/pumps etc?

CPU's

AMD

K7: 2000+
K8: 3800+, 6000+
K10: A X2 265, Sempy 145,PhII X6 1090T,Ph X4 9850BE
Bulldozer: FX-6200, FX-4130

Intel

Haswell: i7-4790k(this weekend)

GPU's (TBD)

Nvidia

Fermi: GTX460(256bit)
Kepler: GTX660

AMD/ATI

Cayman: HD6950
Pitcarn: HD7850x2
Tahiti: HD7950

Activities

Homemade waterblock: (technicaly yes though major fail)
Homemade sub-ambient: (see above-I'll count as 1)
Voltmodded MoBo: Gigabye GA-MA-790X-UD4P
Modified MoBo Bios: MSI K9AG Neo2 Digital(Unlocked features)
Modified GPU Bios: GTX460, HD7850x2, HD7950
Case Mods: x3, Homemade testbench

With the current point system I have 9 That makes me a blue belt. With the potential to be a red belt. :sn:

EDIT: I also noticed you switched the brown and red belts. Some systems do rank that way, though most place Brown before red. Just an observation.

Last edited:
Honestly, if we think about it, adding GPU/RAM you're going to have to increase the point scale as well.
You don't want it easy to hit the high belts after all!

Also, so that people don't think I rigged it to benefit myself, I have the following:
- ARM
- Core
- Nehalem
- SB
- Haswell
- K8
- K10
- BD
- PD

- Modded GPU BIOS

That brings me up to 10, so I'm still in blue myself.

And Blaylock, pin mods wouldn't refer to fixing a pin.
This is a pin mod: http://www.notebookreview.com/news/pin-modding-and-overclocking-a-pentium-m-guide/

Honestly, if we think about it, adding GPU/RAM you're going to have to increase the point scale as well.
You don't want it easy to hit the high belts after all!

No doubt, I agree we should increase the point scale if adding the other components. I think we should as we all OC so much more than just CPU's. I believe in the original scale everything was primarily CPU dependent and OC'g the Ram and GPU had very little effect. Now it's a must to attain maximum performance. I've even heard of people overclocking their monitors. I haven't graduated to that level...yet. LOL

Let me get back to where I'm not mobile and I'll figure something out

I'll just post my HWB hardware library. lol
I'm at 20+ points as it stands now without any additions.

Some more deliberation on my end, and I think I'll leave the list as-is.
My thought is that if you've OC'd a CPU from a certain generation, you've likely OC'd a GPU and RAM from that same generation.
Almost seems redundant in terms of points, since it'll just scale straight up. Feel free to call me crazy, and I'll reconsider. That's just my thoughts on it though.

Some more deliberation on my end, and I think I'll leave the list as-is.
My thought is that if you've OC'd a CPU from a certain generation, you've likely OC'd a GPU and RAM from that same generation.
Almost seems redundant in terms of points, since it'll just scale straight up. Feel free to call me crazy, and I'll reconsider. That's just my thoughts on it though.
Logical. No argument here.

Sorry, forgot to post about that.

Case mods are cool, but I don't feel they have a place here. If it doesn't directly give more volts or more cold, I don't feel it has a place for the belt system.

Cutting a hole in the back of my case for a fan adds cold :D :p

I think COOLING case mods should be worth a 1/2 point or a point. Who's ever bought a crappy $10 case (or free Dell, Compaq, HP case) & made it into a good cooling case? That takes a little thought & work to do a good job at it.

Work at a body shop & did a custom paint job? Not an oc'ing mod imo.

I think having to specify what kind of case mod proves that it would be too difficult to specify. I would say because it isn't a product directly giving performance it shouldn't count. Unless you plan to include running open-air/benching stations for points. Using a motherboard box for a case?

8088 to 386 -- 80286 at 16Mhz Desolder old clock crystal and solder on a new one
486/586 -- 80486 at 50Mhz
Intel Pentium Classic to MMX -- Pentium 100Mhz at 133Mhz
Cyrix MI to MII -- Cyrix @P150+ speed (it burned out after a few months but it was glorious at the time, lol)
AMD K6-2 -- K6-2 300Mhz at 336Mhz
Intel PII -- PII-266 @300+
Celeron 300a at 504Mhz
Intel PIII -- PIII650 @750+Mhz
AMD Athlon Slot A -- K7-700 @900Mhz
AMD Athlon/Duron to Thunderbird. -- Tbird 900 @ 1.2
AMD Athlon XP to Barton. -- Barton 2500+ at 2525Mhz
Any non-x86 CPU -- Raspberry Pi at 950/500/450

Northbridge cooling mod. -- oversized AMD Fan on my Intel Northbridge, lol
Video Card cooling mod. Watercooled SLI, Passive/Active Crossfire
Pin mods or wire tricking. -- Bridge Painting on AMD CPUs to unlock them, Pin mods on BX boards, etc...
Lapping a CPU. -- Lapped many CPUs and GPUs

Sensei Road Warrior, black belt Ubercloxx0r.[/QUOTE]

8088 to 386 -- 80286 at 16Mhz Desolder old clock crystal and solder on a new one
Cyrix MI to MII -- Cyrix @P150+ speed (it burned out after a few months but it was glorious at the time, lol)
Celeron 300a at 504Mhz

Pin mods or wire tricking. -- Bridge Painting on AMD CPUs to unlock them, Pin mods on BX boards, etc...

Sensei Road Warrior, black belt Ubercloxx0r.
[/QUOTE]

Nice. Welcome to club BB. :)

Celeron 300a at 504Mhz

Sensei Road Warrior, black belt Ubercloxx0r.

Nice!

Back