• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Zelda

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
cupidr17 said:

I fully agree. Beats the dookie out of the Final Fantasy series.

have to disagree with that part, but still a big zelda fan too. good luck with the mod. hope to keep seein lots of pics too.

DRxAndy said:
[BGot another package today, containing some cold cathodes (i wont specify the color, you'll have to find out soon[/B]

Obviously blue or green, probably green ;)

Kino said:
i meant the paint, sorry im having troubles with my keyboard sometimes...

you just used the krylon gloss? is it me or do those things look like a chrome color?

Kino >> I think the reason they look a bit "chromish" is because of a flash from his camera, or from the sunlight outside, which reflected off of the black and made it look differently. They are black though, you can sorta tell around the "top" edges in the picture and on the color of the box :D

DRxAndy >> This really looks promising man, I can't wait to see the rest of this as it goes along, definately one to watch :)

Update!

zelda22.gif

PRINCESS ZELDA, WHEN LINK MEETS HER IN HYRULE CASTLE:
Who?!
Who are you?
How did you get past the guards?
Oh? What's that?
Is that... a fairy?! Then, are you... Are you from the forest? Then...then...you wouldn't happen to have... the Spiritual Stone of the Forest, would you?! That green and shining stone...
Do you have it?

(Yes)
Just as I thought!

I had a dream... In the dream, dark storm clouds were billowing over the land of Hyrule... But suddenly, a ray of light shot out of the forest, parted the clouds and lit up the ground... The light turned into a figure holding a green and shining stone, followed by a fairy... I know this is a prophecy that someone would come from the forest... Yes, I thought you might be the one...
Oh, I'm sorry! I got carried away with my story and didn't even properly introduce myself! I am Zelda, Princess of Hyrule. What is your name?
Link... Strange...it sounds somehow...
familiar. OK then, Link...
I'm going to tell you the secret of the Sacred Realm that has been passed down by the Royal Family of Hyrule.
Please keep this a secret from everyone...

(OK)
The legend goes like this...

TO BE CONTINUED IN NEXT UPDATE...

------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot guys!
A big thankyou to Riffster over at Pheatonforums for hooking me up with some picture hosting!

I got another box in the mail today with more sleeving, 3/4 and 3/8 in :D
so I decided, time to work on the psu

I cut off the un-needed wires that wouldnt be used (like the p4 power, etc) and went to town on removing the molex connectors.

022.jpg

here's the before, with only one wire sleeved

020.jpg

and the after, with them all done minus the molex :)

(CONTINUED IN NEXT POST)

Last edited:
why aren't the molex's back on?
wellll...

021.jpg

I decided they'd look better green, so i got a can of krylon fusion and painted away. At the moment, they're still a little wet, so i'm waiting over night before I put them back on.

023.jpg

Since I didnt want to bother taking off the main ATX power plug (although I did try, but gave up because I didn't want to pull out all of those wires if I did succeed haha) I just pulled the sleeving over the connector, and used 2 lock ties instead of heatshrink. Then instead of painting the plastic, I used a green sharpie :). I think heatshrink would have made it look a lot better, but theres no way i could get it on unless i removed the connector or cut the wires... ahh well, no biggie.

Thats all for this update, there should be tomarrow night though :D

Last edited:
This has been the most enjoyable walkthrough on a mod in a long time(the ocarina of time excerpts are a nice touch):thup:.......keep up the good work!

Continued from last update
(cut scene of three goddesses and Triforce)
The three goddesses hid the Triforce containing the power of the gods somewhere in Hyrule.

The power to grant the wish of the one who holds the Triforce in his hands.

If someone with a righteous heart makes a wish, it will lead Hyrule to a golden age of prosperity...

If someone with an evil mind has his wish granted, the world will be consumed by evil...That is what has been told...

So, the ancient Sages built
the Temple of Time to protect the
Triforce from evil ones.
(end cut scene)

That's right... The Temple of Time is the entrance through which you can enter the Sacred Realm from our world. But the entrance is sealed with a stone wall called the Door of Time. And, in order to open the door, it is said that you need to collect three Spiritual Stones. And another thing you need...is the treasure that the Royal Family keeps along with this legend...
The Ocarina of Time!
Did you understand well the story I just told you?
(Yes)

That's great! I forgot to tell you... I was spying through this window just now... The other element from my dream...the dark clouds... I believe they symbolize... that man in there! Will you look through the window at him?
(Yes)
Can you see the man with the evil eyes?
That is Ganondorf, the leader of the Gerudos. They hail from the desert far to the west. Though he swears allegiance to my father, I am sure he is not sincere. The dark clouds that covered Hyrule in my dream... They must symbolize that man!
(Ganondorf glances over)
What happened? Did he see you? Don't worry. He doesn't have any idea what we're planning...yet! ........Yes.
I told my father about my dream... However, he didn't believe it was a prophecy... But...I can sense that man's evil intentions! What Ganondorf is after must be nothing less than the Triforce of the Sacred Realm. He must have come to Hyrule to obtain it! And, he wants to conquer Hyrule...
no, the entire world! Link...now, we are the only ones who can protect Hyrule! Please!

(OK)
Thank you!

I...I am afraid... I have a feeling that man is going to destroy Hyrule. He has such terrifying power! But it's fortunate that you have come...
We must not let Ganondorf get the Triforce! I will protect the Ocarina of Time with all my power! He shall not have it! You go find the other two Spiritual Stones! Let's get the Triforce before Ganondorf does, and then defeat him! One more thing... Take this letter...I'm sure it will be helpful to you.
(You received Zelda's Letter! Wow! This letter has Princess Zelda's autograph!)

(talk to her again)
My attendant will guide you out of the castle. Don't be afraid to talk to her.

--------------------------------------------

Update time,
This morning I popped the molex's back onto the psu and completed the sleeving, see below

024.jpg

But then I had to go to work :(
but why stop modding because of work?

025.jpg

Ooo the magic of AM radio, haha
Since no one else is around my work, I figured hey why not - brought in the other case panel and went away at sanding (had to vaccumn up alot too haha)

026.jpg

The fruits of my labor :)

Also, when I got home after work, I decided to put the psu somewhat back together to get a sense of how it would look
its coming along nicely i think

027.jpg

Thats all for this update, more on the way soon!

Last edited:
DRxAndy said:
Thats all for this update, more on the way soon!

Nice PSU job, I hope the rest of the case matches or exceeds this quality :)

nice cables. the thing that makes this one of my favorites is the excerpts from the game. Zelda: OoT was easly the best one of the series and these posts sure brings back memories.

just saying that OoT is without a doubt the best game ever. Geez, you would think someone with a triforce symbol as their avatar would know that.

Back