• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Zelda

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wow, i haven't been in this section of the forum for a while, and i check back and see this :eek: that looks awsome, keep the postages coming :D

RUTO, SAVED FROM BARINADE:
(inside warp light)
You...You're late! What took you so long? You're useless! I was just lonely, that's all... Just a little!!
(warp outside, Link falls in water, Ruto jumps in too)
You! You looked cool...cooler than I thought you would, anyway... Just a little! Well, anyway, you saved me, so I guess I'll reward you. What do you wish? Just tell me...

(Nothing really...)
Heeheehee... Don't be shy. I can tell what you're thinking...

(I want that Spiritual Stone)
You mean the Spiritual Stone of Water, Zora's Sapphire, don't you? My mother gave it to me and said I should give it only to the man who will be my husband. You might call it the Zora's Engagement Ring!

All right!I'll give you my most precious possession: Zora's Sapphire!
(obtain Zora's Sapphire)
(Her most precious possession? You don't know what she's talking about, but you've finally collected all three Spiritual Stones!! Go back to see Princess Zelda!)
(black screen)
Don't tell my father...

-------------------------------------

Small update

I started sanding down the bondo, went and got a sanding dealy for a drill to make light work of it. Didn't finish because of time constraints, but here's a comparison of what it's come from haha

045.jpg

A big thanks to the quality of antec, for providing me with another front panel, just because the little clips at the bottom were broken in shipping. So haha if i totally screw this front panel up, i have a backup!

I also worked on painting the other side panel

046.jpg

ooooo reflection of lawnmower in ittttt :clap:
I'm pretty proud of how well its turning out, yesterday I ran into a minor glitch when i put the first application of green on. I had it perfect, and then as soon as i've come to bring it into the garage, a damn bug landed right on it! I left it be, but then it started walking around on it :wallbash: , so i ended up pulling it off and murdering it between my fingers... arrgh
Started with 40 grit to remove all the paint before, moved up to 200, then 320, then 400, then today jumped up to 1500 mmmm

but yeeeaahhh

thats all for tonight

DRxAndy said:
RUTO, SAVED FROM BARINADE:
I'm pretty proud of how well its turning out, yesterday I ran into a minor glitch when i put the first application of green on. I had it perfect, and then as soon as i've come to bring it into the garage, a damn bug landed right on it! I left it be, but then it started walking around on it :wallbash: , so i ended up pulling it off and murdering it between my fingers... arrgh
Started with 40 grit to remove all the paint before, moved up to 200, then 320, then 400, then today jumped up to 1500 mmmm

but yeeeaahhh

thats all for tonight

Utterly Hilarious! Damn bugs lol.

Lookin good my friend, lookin good.

ganondorf.gif

GANONDORF, IN FRONT OF HYRULE CASTLE TOWN MOAT:
Arrrrgh! I lost her!
You, over there! Little kid! You must have seen the white horse gallop past just now... Which way did it go?! Answer me!! So, you think you can protect them from me... You've got guts, kid.
(Link draws his sword)
(Ganondorf snickers ominously)
Heh heh heh... You want a piece of me?! Very funny! I like your attitude!
(Ganondorf raises left hand, blasts Link with magic)
Pathetic little fool! Do you realize who you are dealing with?!
I am Ganondorf! And soon, I will rule the world!
(rides off as Link looks on)

ZELDA, WHEN LINK RETRIEVES THE OCARINA OF TIME:
(You found the Ocarina of Time! This is the Royal Family's hidden treasure which Zelda left behind. It glow with a mystical light...)
Link...Can you hear me? It's me, Zelda... Link, when you hold this Ocarina in your hand... I won't be around anymore... I wanted to wait for you, but I couldn't delay any longer... At least I could leave you the Ocarina and this melody... This song opens the Door of Time... (You've learned the Song of Time!) Now, Link. Play this melody in front of the altar in the Temple of Time. You must protect the Triforce!

-----------------------------------------

Today I sanded down the bondo quite a bit more, then applied some more to fill in a gap i missed. I cut out the lexan in the fan area, filed it down a bit, used the stone grinder dealy and cleaned up the edges, then applied a bit of bondo around there.

I also got a special package in the mail :D
The fangrills!

I bought them from MarcelloRupelli over at www.lunagenlabs.com
and let me say this
HOLY CRAP
they're amazing, if you're ever in the market for some great custom fangrills, definately get 'em from lunagen labs!!

take a look :D

047.jpg

(cont..)

I wanted a really unique fangrill, and the triforce it's self was just a little bland for me. I just finished playing Wind Waker when i was in the pre-planning stages of this mod, and after seeing that logo in the temples, i knew it was the perfect fangrill. I looked around on the net, but couldnt find a single pic of it, so i ended up taking a pic, and working with it in photoshop

fandemo.jpg

after photoshopping forever, i finally got it down to looking nice, and passed it on to MarcelloRupelli who touched it up even more into fangrill goodness :D

048.jpg

i popped them on my psu, and finally completed it hehe

as a little touch, i printed out on sticker paper, a small hylian shield with my name on it and attached it to the back fan, behind the fangrill, the pic's a bit blurry, but you can see what its like before fangrill
049.jpg

I also gave the side panel another coat
hope to work more tomarrow, maybe an update, maybe not :)

Oh man...I could do a killer etch for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) The paint job is :eek: amazing. You are doing a great job. The custom fan grills are awsome. I just added those guys to my favorites as I will definatly use them if I ever need custom grills made. MORE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

wow those are some sweet grills, looking good, if i had money id have to do a metroid case, but ill just watch yours for now...

maybe im dumb and just didnt see something otherwise about this but if you know someone or if there is someone in your area then itd be awesome if you had something like this painted on your side panel

zelda.jpg

Rob!
That wallpaper is awesome!!!!
i went to the website and downloaded the 1280x1024 version, and found some more great wallpapers at www.historyofhyrule.com
Thank you so much man! it'll fit perfectly with the mod

i've been concidering either a window of link in a similar pose, or a decal, or even airbrushing
money's been tight lately, so i might just go with the window, because i could do it myself for free (well besides the small cost of acrylic)
still deciding hehe

well glad i could do at least something, i know what you mean about money, they need like iron on decals that look glossy like a real paint job for painted metal.

NcBaller1985 said:
I could the etch the H*LL out of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I should send you my window :D

SARIA:
Link...
I don't know what it is...
I have this feeling of dread...
The Castle...
Yes, something bad is happening at the Castle!

-----------------------------------------------------

small little update
i've been working with the front panel/door, bondoing and sanding to get it perfect. Right now the door and front panel are residing in my garage, but tomarrow they will be sanded to perfection (hopefully).

I also have almost finished up the side panel, just need to maybe sand it once more lightly, another coat of clear, and then go to it with the rubbing compound.

ALTAR IN TEMPLE OF TIME:
(There are three hollows and an inscription here....)
Ye who owns 3 Spiritual Stone - Stand with the Ocarina of Time - And play the Song of Time
(That is how the inscription reads.)

navi.gif

NAVI, SEEING THE MASTER SWORD:
Link, isn't that...?!
(flies over to it)
It's that legendary blade... The Master Sword!

Link Pulls the Master Sword

GANONDORF, TALKING TO LINK TELEPATHICALLY:
Geh heh heh! Excellent work! As I thought, you held the keys to the Door of Time! You have led me to the gates of the Sacred Realm... Yes, I owe it all to you, kid!
(long, roaring laugh)

rar.gif

RAURU, WHEN LINK WAKES UP IN THE CHAMBER OF SAGES:
Link... Wake up... Link, the chosen one... I am Rauru, one of the ancient Sages... Ages ago, we ancient Sages built the Temple of Time to protect the entrance to the Sacred Realm... This is the Chamber of Sages, inside the Temple of Light...
The Temple of Light, situated in the very center of the Sacred Realm, is the last stronghold against Ganondorf's evil forces. The Master Sword--the evil-destroying sword that you pulled out of the Pedestal of Time--was the final key to the Sacred Realm. Link... Don't be alarmed... Look at yourself...!
(Navi: Look Link! You're big now!! You've grown up!)
The Master Sword is a sacred blade which evil ones may never touch... Only one worthy of the title of "Hero of Time" can pull it from the Pedestal of Time.... However, you were too young to be the Hero of Time... Therefore, your spirit was sealed here for seven years. And now that you are old enough, the time has come for you to awaken as the Hero of Time! Well, do you understand your destiny?
(yes)
But, remember... Though you opened the Door of Time in the name of peace...
Ganondorf, the Gerudo King of Thieves, used it to enter this forbidden Sacred Realm!
He obtained the Triforce from the Temple of Light, and with its power, he became the King of Evil... His evil power radiated from the temples of Hyrule, and in seven short years, it transformed Hyrule into a world of monsters. My power now has only little influence, even in this Sacred Realm... Namely, this Chamber of Sages. But there is still hope... The power of the Sages remains. When the power of all the Sages is awakened... The Sages' Seals will contain all the evil power in the void of the Realm... I, Rauru, am one of the Sages... And... Your power to fight together with the Sages makes you the Hero of Time! The Hero of Time, chosen by the Master Sword! Keep my spirit with you... And, find the power of the other Sages and add their might to your own!
(You received the Light Medallion!
Rauru the Sage adds his power to yours!)
(white screen)
Find the other Sages and save Hyrule!

--------------------------------------------------------

Alrighty, update time
this time, its mostly been a lesson in frustration
I concidered and mused over putting a floppy in this rig, even though I really didnt want to. Eventually I gave in and figured, ehhh why not, it wont hurt. I took apart the floppy with no problems, sanded, painted, and started to put things back, when the thing started falling apart... first the top part under the actual top, then a random spring flew out when i was trying to put that part back in... after that I knew it wasnt going back together, so i decided to do this.

050.jpg

hahaha... ahh well, I didn't want it in the first place

onward

I started working on the door..

051.jpg

first by dremeling off the area around where a case badge would go, then came bondo time. First time around, I got it perfect... then the next day realized i didnt use enough hardner.... arrrrgh.. so I scraped it all off (as best i could) and had another go.

052.jpg

This is a shot of the 2nd round, after applying the new bondo coat on both the door and front panel. I sanded away on the door... to find out that the old bondo that was still left was coming back to haunt me... so i ended up scraping all the new bondo off, and found out that the unhardened bondo made the surface melt slightly.. ack
i'm going to give up on this door, and try a clean palette with the spare (thank you so much antec!!)

After that, I sanded down the front nicely, and decided it was time for primer

053.jpg

after priming, i see a few small errors that i just cant stand. I will be applying another application of bondo, smoothing thinly and hand sanding - i think using the drill sander caused me to be a little over zealous, resulting in the red circled area (if you can notice it, its basically not completely even with the original surface in some areas)

ahhhh, so much to do, and winter is quickly approaching

I have decided not to bother with using this case as my Art final project, but instead using a different completed mod. Theres no way i'll get this done by december 5th haha

thats all for this update, hope to have more in the upcoming week

Back