• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Zelda

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey, nice job on the case so far! Nice to see some fellow Zelda fans doing some extreme things too. My love of Zelda hasn't quite made it to my computer case yet, but it did make a dent in my wallet none the less.

zelda1.jpg
zeldahilt.jpg
zeldahilt2.jpg

As you might be able to tell, my favorite part of the Zelda series is the Master Sword. If I was the one modding a case for a Zelda theme, the window cutouts would be a triforce symbol with a mastersword underneath it. But hey, that's just me.
Keep up the good work on that case man!

Nice bondo work. :) At first I was like what in the heck is he doing to that case!

I didn't realize bondo could be used to remold a case. :rolleyes: Silly me. :)

glad to see someone else is as inspired by the Zelda Ocarina of Time as I am/was. I started learning html just to make a Zelda site, that was back in 5th grade.....but keep the great work! :D

navi.gif

NAVI, AFTER LINK WAKES UP IN TEMPLE OF TIME:
Link... we're back in the Temple of Time... But have seven years really passed? It looks like you won't be able to use some of the weapons you found as a kid anymore... Let's get out of here!

shegif.gif

SHEIK, IN LINK'S FIRST MEETING WITH HIM IN THE TEMPLE OF TIME:
I've been waiting for you, Hero of Time... When evil rules all, an awakening voice from the Sacred Realm will call those destined to be Sages, who dwell in the five temples.
One in a deep forest...
One on a high mountain...
One under a vast lake...
One within the house of the dead...
One inside a goddess of the sand...
Together with the Hero of Time, the awakened ones will bind the evil and return the light of peace to the world... This is the legend of the temples passed down by my people, the Sheikah.
I am Sheik. Survivor of the Sheikahs... As I see you standing there holding the mythical Master Sword, you really do look like the legendary Hero of Time... If you believe the legend, you have no choice. You must look for the five temples and awaken the five Sages... One Sage is waiting for the time of awakening in the Forest Temple. The Sage is a girl I am sure you know... Because of the evil power in the temple, she cannot hear the awakening call from the Sacred Realm... Unfortunately, equipped as you currently are, you cannot even enter the temple... But, if you believe what I'm saying, you should head to Kakariko Village... Do you understand, Link?

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Finally, another update haha
The weather, and school finals, as well as many other things have delayed me. I've done a bit of work, but not much dealing with painting, because the tempratures have dropped significantly, and the weather just isnt being very easy to work around.

I gave the painted side panel a good rub down with 3M rubbing compound, and then waxed with Meguiar's gold class liquid car wax.

055.jpg

Here's a shot in the process of wiping the wax off, quite shiny and reflective.

I worked on the front bezel a little more, spot puttied

056.jpg

and sanded. I was pretty happy with the results except for one little part that i had to re-spot putty up.

Also started work on preping the internals to be painted.

054.jpg

I took out the floppy and hard drive racks, taped their handles, sanded, and gave them a good coat of primer. Luckily enough, as soon as I finished priming, and was headed to take them inside, it started snowing hahahah.

I've also done a bunch of work on another case of mine, so I could turn it in as my final project for art. Take a look of a couple of pictures here:
http://www.casemod.com/showphoto.php?photo=36&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

and here:
http://www.casemod.com/showphoto.php?photo=31&password=&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500&page=1

had to repaint, and I decided to paint the fan grills the same metallic black as the case.

That's all for this edition, I hope to have more for sometime next week (possibly next friday?)

this is gonna be so freakin umm "cold" when its done ill have to invent a new ebonics word just to describe it, and one for Fush zero too. :D

Very cool, and a great theme for a mod. Have been lurking here for some time and been following your progress. Keep it up and look forward to more pics!

wow... this mod has been one of the coolest that i have seen in a while. i am most definitely looking forward to seeing the final case and all... i too was wondering what in the world you were doing to the front panel, but it is looking great!

keep up all the good work... i am definitely subscribing to this thread ;)

GUY IN BLUE SHIRT, WHITE TIGHTS:
I tell you, I saw him!
I saw the ghostly figure of Dampé the gravekeeper sinking into his grave. It looked like he was holding some kind of treasure!

DAMPE'S GHOST:
Heh heh heh, young man! Are you fast on your feet?
I may not look like it, but I'm confident in my speed!
Let's have a race! Follow me if you dare!

(Link wins race)
Hehehe, young man... You were very quick to be able to keep up with me! Hehehe! As a

reward, I'm going to give you my treasure. It's called the Hookshot! It's spring-loaded

chain will pull you to any spot where its hook sticks. Doesn't that sound cool? I'm

sure it will help you! I live here now, so come back again sometime. I'll give you

something cool! One more thing! Be careful on your way back! Heheheh....

(You found the Hookshot! It's a spring-loaded chain that you can cast out to hook

things. You can use it to drag distant items toward you, or you can use it to pull

yourself toward something.)
hookshot.gif

-----------------------------

Not much new with this update, but here it goes

I decided to go ahead with painting on what I thought was a less colder day, which was

a mistake haha

take a look why

057.jpg

058.jpg

ouch, i'll have to resand and wait for warmer tempratures
but anyways, time for the good ...

059.jpg

I did however manage to get the tray and bezel for my new cd-rw (to replace the one

that i was stupid enough to fry right after painting it) done up nicely

060.jpg

I painted the power and reset buttons, and then took a fine tipped marker and added in

the black to the power, it looks pretty good to me :)

That about wraps it up, i really wish i could do more, but the weather is really

hurting me :(

This is so cool, this really makes me wish I had some experience with modding and a big budget so I could do.. Project Metroid / Samus.

*sigh* a man can dream..

Are you using spraybombs, or a gun?

If you're using a gun, I'd suggest using a quick reducer for the cold weather, rather than a medium or slow reducer. You'll have to be quicker applying your paint, but it won't wrinkle.

Oni > I'm using rattle cans haha
college student = low budget

Noble > Save up! it's worth it, i'd love to see the results

Yuriman > Not a chance ;)
but you can get your own slk3700amb to work on from newegg, etc

yeah, first have to finish studying.. that will take another 6 months and get a job so I can earn some funds for the project. at least this way I have time to do minor projects first and really learn something about modding..

Back