• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interested in a Little Info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SkyHook

Senior Village Idiot
Before the current Berkeley stats page go away or get archived or whatever I would be interested in seeing some results(that I can't generate on my own) concerning how the members of our Team rank within their respective Registration Class. For those not knowing to what I am referring, If you go to your individual stats page at Berkeley you will find a link to your Registration Class which is a list of all the people who joined SETIatHome the same day you did. My question is how do you rank against the others who joined when you did.

To start it off I rank #1 in my class and have almost a 10000 WUs lead over the #2 person.

Maybe we could have a Poll setup with choices like:

6-10
11-50
50-and above

Just interested to see if there is any connection between the success we as a Team are having and how individuals rank within there Registration Class.

Respectfully,
SkyHook

umm i dont know what to say......

joined 10/15/2001

but if you notice im kind of missing there.....

http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/classpages/days/2452198.html

any ideas why?

i promise ya its my date....

Name (and URL) jstutman
Results Received 1671
Total CPU Time 7015 hr 54 min
Average CPU Time per work unit 4 hr 11 min 55.0 sec
Average results received per day 2.29
Last result returned: Wed Oct 15 09:51:13 2003 UTC
Registered on: Mon Oct 15 16:41:00 2001 UTC
View Registration Class
SETI@home user for: 2.001 years
Your group info:
You belong to the group named: Overclockers.com Seti Team
You are not currently the founder of any teams.

Your rank: (based on current workunits received)

Your rank out of 4713273 total users is: 126271st place.
The number of users who have this rank: 63
You have completed more work units than 97.320% of our users.

would it be that they dont show up cause all (ever) one of my units has went to the o/c seti team? if i remember right i joined the team the day i joined seti....but this may be mistaken :)

jstutman said:
would it be that they dont show up cause all (ever) one of my units has went to the o/c seti team? if i remember right i joined the team the day i joined seti....but this may be mistaken :)
no. your work units will always stay with you even if you switch team.

Class of December 28, 2002
3rd place

Holy Cow ... I'm 97,124 units behind the guy ahead of me. Who is this Concept VII and how do we get him on our team?

I needed him to crunch for me just one day and Team Carls would have won the team race.

1st as of [edit] Mon Oct 13 01:23:42 2003 UTC [/edit]. ahead by only 9 WU, and my PIII's HDD just
bit the dust :bang head. looks like i'm gonna have to sacrifice a HDD from my
server to keep up. can't wait to get a diskless farm going.

thanks for bringing this up SkyHook :D.

Last edited:
Clutch_Head said:
1st as of [edit] Mon Oct 13 01:23:42 2003 UTC [/edit]. ahead by only 9 WU, and my PIII's HDD just
bit the dust :bang head. looks like i'm gonna have to sacrifice a HDD from my
server to keep up. can't wait to get a diskless farm going.

thanks for bringing this up SkyHook :D.

Just download Overclockix. All you do is slap it in the CD-ROM and boot up the computer. Then you can run seti from the terminal. I belive that its in the RAM drive. So make your way there and then ./setiathome and you are crunching diskless.

Class of 5/19/99

#133 of 3819 in my class

I am about 233,000 WUs behind 1st... and the top 6 users have about a million WUs between them...

wouldn't that be a boost?

Back