• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon FX Seti Bench

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
Finally got some registered DDR 400 today and benched my FX51. The results are not very impressive to say the least. 1:37 at 215*11 - 2365MHz with ram at 1:1 2326. I hope to have my water block adapter soon, but even with that I don't expect to hit any higher than 2500, maybe even less than that. So until a 64 bit OS shows up, and 64 bit boinc maybe - this is way overpriced for the 32 bit performance it yields.

Well I didn't mean that it was horrible, but for those of us with P4's benching sub 2 hours I was expecting a little more given all the hype surrounding this chip. If only 64 bit was available for testing right now...

got your benchie, Tim. I'll update the benchie one last time before seti1 ends.

it's pretty fast for a single WU speed! however, it still trailing those P4c on daily production tho...... 1:37/wu = roughly 14-15wu/day! hmm.....now I know I'll keep all my P4Cs for quite some time since Prescott delay and doesn't look too good, A64FX is pretty fast for now, but for the $$, I'll stick w/ my little 2.4c and wait for next spring/summer I guess....;)

Last edited:
Update it if you want, but I'm going to go for a little better time when I get the water cooling in place. I looked into a prommy, but I already spent a damn fortune on this alone.

Thats at 2.3Ghz man. A P4 to do similarly (such as hipro's bad@#$ P4) requires 4+Ghz! To be at almost half the speed to pull those times is pretty impressive.

Hyperthreading does kick as far as output though.

Well you can look at it that way if you like. I look at the time alone - doesn't really make any difference to me whether the cpu is running 1000MHz or 10,000.

Still, thats almost an hour faster than my P4 (and any P4 w/o supercooling) at whatever speed it is.

Sure it is expensive, but I don't consider cost into performance/benchamarks...unless there is no hope of me affording it ;)

You could run RedHat I believe fedora has a 64 bit port, or 9.2 of Mandrake is going to release a 64 bit port, SuSE had also mentioned at one point... check into those if what Aftermath posted is indeed the 64 bit CLC then you should be good to go :)

I was going to tell you earlier ed posted up last week that they were looking for 50 people to test a 64 bit game but your graphics card prolly wouldn't be in the minimum's for it :(

Looking forward to a 64 bit crunch ;)

J :cool:

Downloading Mandrake for AMD64 - Redhat Enterprise basic for AMD64 is $180 :eek: Mandrake is free :)

We're talking about A) 64 bit OS and B) 64 bit seti client. I'm downloading Mandrake Linux for AMD64 and Berkeley to my great surprise already has the AMD64 seti command line client.

some Info from our Forum, D`espice a member from the Planet take a test on an

AMD Opteron 144 1.8

ASUS SK8N Rev. 1.03
Bios 1002.008

2 x 512 MB PC-2700
Registered ECC (Corsair)@DDR333 2.5-3-3-7 (SPD)

SuSE Linux 8.2 x86-64 Beta (Kernel 2.4.19)
SuSE Linux 8.2 i386 (Kernel 2.4.18)

SETI@Home Client 3.08, x86-64
Client 3.08, i686

here are the results

seti1.png

for German people
here is the full story

the 64 Bit Client is very slow, but why.:confused:

Sir Ulli

I can't get Mandrake to install, but it looks like there's not much point if the 64 bit client is slower than the 32.

Sir Ulli said:
the 64 Bit Client is very slow, but why.:confused:

Sir Ulli
wow, never imagined it will be that much slower than 32bit client!? i wish they aren't as slow in other real world apps in 64bit OS/apps or i'll have one less reason to move back to AMD....

Back