• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

another pronounciation question......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

modenaf1

after watching the O'Riley factor on fox news, he pronounces websites, XXXXXXdotcom like the dot and the com are blended into an almost one sylyble (omg i can spell) i say it more like XXXXXXXX dot-com. like 2 different words. how do you say it?

dot-com is pretty accurate

Other related news -- when providing an ip address, the periods ( . ) are called, by the more tech-savvy, "dots" and not marks, not periods, not blips, not spots, crackles, quirks, thingies or "uhhh"s... :rolleyes:

:p

stoopid said:
dot-com is pretty accurate

Other related news -- when providing an ip address, the periods ( . ) are called, by the more tech-savvy, "dots" and not marks, not periods, not blips, not spots, crackles, quirks, thingies or "uhhh"s... :rolleyes:

:p

my friends and I don't usually remember the dots. just say the numbers. it's pretty easy to determine what's being said without the dots.

emericanchaos said:

my friends and I don't usually remember the dots. just say the numbers. it's pretty easy to determine what's being said without the dots.
Yup, why bother saying the dots when simply taking a slight pause instead works just as well :) One Nine Two, One Six Eight, Oh, One.

Bill does somewhat slur his dot com doesn't he? Never noticed that before...
JigPu

JigPu said:

Yup, why bother saying the dots when simply taking a slight pause instead works just as well :) One Nine Two, One Six Eight, Oh, One.

Bill does somewhat slur his dot com doesn't he? Never noticed that before...
JigPu

for 192.168.0.1 i say each value in the field. one ninety-two one sixty eight oh one.

Back