• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 64 on chip logo. for show or for real?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

modenaf1

6070_l.gif

First, does anyone know what this is? Is it painted on? Is it a sticker? Is it for show purposes only?

Second, is it just me, or is the CPU in the picture missing the etched in stepping code etc.? If so, all the more reason i think that heatspreader is more for display purposes only.

speaking of putting a sticker on the cpu, this guy must have thought the athlon case sticker was one helluva heatsink. :D

cb0001.jpg

geesh! im threadjacking my own thread on the first post, thats gotta be a record.......:eek:

[end threadjack/]

-f1

EDIT: i just noticed on the first pic, the corners of the heatspreader look very poorly machined. All the more reason I think that was for display purposes only. But, id like to hear what you think.

I don't think qwerty57's A64 had those bright colors. I think it's just for show.

as for the second picture: that's got to be a joke right?

ok thanks. yes i thought it had to be for show. As for qwerty 57, ill have to go hunt down that thread and read it :D

Second pic, nope not a joke, the ones as jokes are in a seperate categorie. These are like the darwin awards of computer hardware :D

thanks for the info!
-f1

The Opteron and A64 line look the same on top (where you're used to seeing the die). Other major difference? They're a LOT heavier than a conventional XP. How do I know? I've got both.

wannaoc said:

You didn't know they? They work better than Arctic Silver! ;)

Of course it is. I mean when AMD sends out thier "case badge" stickers, every really knows they meant "thermal interface material logo"

Back