• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the ultimate case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adrian nelson

i have seen what i belive to be the ultimate but due to a lack of info on it and a large price tag, im going to ask you guys what you think of it:

case.bmp

sorry its a bmp

it looks real random which why i took a second look at it
but looking at the way it has compartments for mobo and drives like a server cube it may run cooler too.

Hard to form much of an opinion of it without seeing internal pictures. Its one nasty looking beast on the outside though ;)

I sure hope you intend on painting that thing, orange is not the best IMHO when it comers to cool factor, but with a lot of blues lights maybe:)

saw this posted in these forums a long time ago. It's interesting to say the least. I don't like it personally, but it's a cool idea.

J.

wouldn't the power supply being below the hard drive be a no no? I mean hot air rises and those small fans on the side have little hope of moving the hot air before it hits the HD making it that much hotter.

maybe it's just cause I'm tired, I'll give it another look in the morning.

Ok now that I have seen the inside of the case the horrid looks are the least of my worries. The interior of that case is a train wreck! To open the case the motherboard tray folds down? This means that any cable that is attached to the motherboard needs a ton of slack or you need to crack the case open and reach in to disconnect everything. Terrible. All those cables just bunched up there is going to be very bad for airflow. Your ideal case is one in which you can neatly arrange everything and close the door. Add on top of that the fact that the drive bays will hardly get any airflow at all and I think its an extremely poor design.

Back