• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how much ram for gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
get 1gb. its really over kill, but cuts load time in half, and in general speeds up your system if you turn of the page file. 1gig of ram is just a luxury i wouldnt want to do without.

I have 1 gig right now...and I am gunna trade it away for 512 ram which is about 30fsb faster....:D

i have 512meg off ram ive been thinking about getting another 512meg but 512 is enuff for my games i play

also u could get 1gig off ram just for bragging rights lol but i find that pointless :p

so my 512 should be enough for now? i am trying to find a real cheap 256 module at 333 i've seen 'em for 35 and good quality sticks too...should i go for it?

i don't think it matters with that gf4 mx440 :p

haha, jokes. but in all seriousness, i agree with everyone else on this one, it's not really worth the upgrade, especially because the rest of your system isn't exactly geared towards gaming. you might as well save the money for when you get a new system...

you just sparked idea....this is a 2 year old system that was made for here's the laugh of the day, DIABLO!!! lol...so i guess i will make a whole new system...i could probably sell all my stuff and get about 1 or 2 hundred which should be plenty for a new system...

dont bother getting a whole new system right now.

if anything upgrade you proc to a barton 2500 and possibly a new vid card, but really your set for the near future. until AMD64 or Tejas/prescotts(on socketT) get cheap i dont think its worth up-ing. for more info check the front page.

Back