• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sad day...I am shuting down the farm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

racecar12

With the new bills I have recently inccured with my new family, I am forced to shut down and sell most of my systems. I am now appx. $500,000 in debt and increasing exponentially daily. I have had many troubles with DHS(Department of inhuman services) and don't have a clue if I will be able to get any support. ATM I am just praying for help.

I am not going to stop crunching. I just need to take a few steps back before I can move foreward. I am currently dumping my cache and shuting down most of my systems(sobbing). By tomorrow, I will only have 2 systems running.

excuse me while I go get a drink at the bar:cry:

Very sorry to hear that William. Life is like driving around a curve - you never can see what's just around the corner. Sometimes you have to get through some rough times before better things come around. Hang in there and don't stay away from the forums for too long.

TC said:
Life is like driving around a curve - you never can see what's just around the corner. .

That is this case. I was fully prepared and had the resourses for a traditional 9mo pregnancy. I guess I am a good/bad example for people who don't have health insurance. Life can change in one day. Life can also change in less than a second too. I do have accident insurance for the less than a second life change. Too bad that won't help here. Lil Mr. Bill was no accident:D

racecar12 - hey man sorry to hear the news :( Hopefully you can get back on your feet ASAP!!!

Very sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope that the human side of the equation is stabilized and that the outcome is positive.

I hope that eventually you work out the financial side too but now people come first and we all pray for your family.

Harvey

well, my congratulations and condolances.....
as recently having had a son who also decided to be non-traditional (he has spent the past 3 months in the NICU) my only advice is to try and focus on the joy of ur new addition, and not the financial heartbreak. Not knowing ur exact situation, but relating mine, ur son will have many ups and enough downs to make u go crazy..... just be strong and try to only remember the good days :)

First think of your family then you think of SETI. And thats the way it should be. But hey... 2 systems is better than none...

Sorry to hear about your difficulties racecar12. But glad to hear you'll still be with us no-matter your production.

Congratulations on your growing family and hopefully things will work out well for you all.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. I truely enjoy this forum and, in a twisted way, consider this place as part of my family. I know it will all work out fine in the future. But is still difficult knowing and facing what lies ahead of me.

r12

All the best to you, I also have to watch things, my wife is now carrying our SECOND child to arrive in the summer of 2004.
I AM AN INSURANCE agent but don't have maternity coverage-- was able to work out a REAL SWEET deal with the hospital directly on a Pre-pay plan.. Any insurance questions just PM me any time.. Take care, and yes family is first , computers are second, sometimes I forget too

Sorry to hear the troubles Racecar. I hope the best for you and your family.

Remember to definitely keep in touch, man!

Eroc

Thanks everybody. I have listed my A7M 266-D in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

Sorry for the late response, but wanted you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Hi m8,

We don't know each other, but I'm one of the two co-founders ot Team Phoenix Rising. I have no idea what your personal situation is, but I read your post and felt I should reply.

My son was born 10½ weeks prem and was in the special care baby unit for seven weeks. I nearly lost both my partner and my son during the birth, and the whole event made me realise how precious life was. It definitely put things into perspective, my commitment to TPR was severely tested as I had a 40-mile round trip to see my partner/son at the hospital every night after work. I soon realised, however, that there was tremendous support from TPR team members, many of which I had come to regard as good friends. It doesn't matter how many/little units you crunch for your Team, it doesn't matter how often you frequent the forums 'cause people DO understand and care :)

This place will still be here, if you feel you need to talk then log in and talk.. my forums helped me through many a long, lonely night at home :) I wish you luck my friend, and hope things come good for you..

Regards,
Marc

riddlermarc said:
Hi m8,

We don't know each other, but I'm one of the two co-founders ot Team Phoenix Rising. I have no idea what your personal situation is, but I read your post and felt I should reply.

My son was born 10½ weeks prem and was in the special care baby unit for seven weeks. I nearly lost both my partner and my son during the birth, and the whole event made me realise how precious life was. It definitely put things into perspective, my commitment to TPR was severely tested as I had a 40-mile round trip to see my partner/son at the hospital every night after work. I soon realised, however, that there was tremendous support from TPR team members, many of which I had come to regard as good friends. It doesn't matter how many/little units you crunch for your Team, it doesn't matter how often you frequent the forums 'cause people DO understand and care :)

This place will still be here, if you feel you need to talk then log in and talk.. my forums helped me through many a long, lonely night at home :) I wish you luck my friend, and hope things come good for you..

Regards,
Marc
Thank you for the post. I am going through your senerio atm. My child was born 12 weeks early, Sept 10, and is still in the neonatal intensive care unit. He is doing great and is now 4lbs 2oz. But he still can't suck and swallow or breath on his own due to imature lungs. Fortunately my wife recovered quick and was home in less than a week after the birth of our child. The hospital is 45 miles from home which makes it difficult for us but we know we are blessed and that our child will be fine. We did not have insurance to help cover our bills.

Praise the Lord. With the help of prayer, we are now covered under medicaid and tenncare. Last Saturday I recieved notice that we were not covered and needed to refile all our papers and go before a hearing. I am not sure how things turned around so quickly except that our prayers were answered.

Thank you all,
r12

racecar12 said:
Praise the Lord. With the help of prayer... I am not sure how things turned around so quickly except that our prayers were answered.

Please know there was at least one other family praying for, and with you...

Back