• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick 1.4 AYHJA question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valid

Just got a brand new 1.4 AYHJA stepped proc in from icompz.com (175 and 10.75 ground shipping). Processor appears to already be unlocked, as all of the L1 bridges are intact. Is this normal?

yES thats normal.. mine was like that also. warning though. This is the hotest cpu out there. I recomend that you have at least a globalwin cak38 fan for it just to keep it at a decent temp. If you plan to overclock make sure you have one of the best fans coolers or watercooling. This thing is very stuborn. I have a swiftech 462-a with the delta fan and artic silver grease. thats the best fan solution youl get for it. youl be lucky to reach 1500 mhz . I just got it upto 1.6ghz stable. Once again get gooood cooling for it.. also a good enermax or antec power supply of at least 350 watts.

Thanks for the info. Already have a 462A on the way with some arctic silver II. True or false, the AYHJA runs cooler than the AXIA? I remember seeing something on the front page a little while ago about it, but I'm not sure. I'll have to find it again.

I dont know about them running any cooler, mine burned out in less than 5 seconds at completely default settings (voltage, FSB, Multiplier, etc...). And I was using an FOP38 heatsink with thermal grease, and the fan was plugged in. Any clues, anybody?

Yes on average from the two systems I have built using this stepping code the 1.4's are about 3-5 degrees celcius cooler than the 1.2's.. But then again If you are running seti 24/7 like me I seriously doubt that you will actually see any diffrence at all in temps With a high performance cooler (My idle temps running seti with my [email protected] was always around 95f runnign seti 24/7 and my [email protected] is constantly at 93f-96f depending on ambient temps), but in normal systems I have setup so far using this stepping code the temps were in the 114f range idle and 119-121f running quake with the stock hsf... (Quite a bit of diffrence of temps from a axia stepping code with a idle temp of 132f) Although I surely don't recommend using that piece of junk, get a ocz gladiator or a swiftech 462a
System Stats:
Asus A7m266 (Soon to be a Abit KG7-raid!!)
Amd 1.40ghz AYJHA week 18 w/ 266fsb Overclocked to 1553 using 148x10.5 Unlocked L1 (factory unlocked) & L7 bridges @1.89Vcore
Swiftech 462 -A Rev.1 cooler
Enermax 431 watt Power supply
512mb pc2100 ddr sdram (micron) cas2/2t/2t
Ibm Deskstar Gxp60 60 GB hard drive Ata100/ 7200rpm
Windows 2k w/ Sp2 installed
Hercules Prophet II Geforce 2 Ultra w/ Hercules 12.40 drivers
19” Viewsonic PF790
Ls-120 Superdisk
Kenwood 72x cd-rom
Yamaha 16x10x40 cd-rw
Soundblaster Live Platinum 5.1

Back