• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crazy Stats

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heezer7

I just got my dual back uip and running after have a mobo die. With it gone I was producing ~7wu/day. With ot back my setiQ says I am upload a lot more than that now but my stats on the our seti site say I am only uiploading 7-8/day. Where are my WU going?? Both clc have jheizer my cruching name and setiQ confirms this. Any ideas??

Try setting Seti Queue to collect your finished workunits for a couple of days.

Just set uploads of pending results to disabled.
That way you can monitor your progress in detail and see if you're getting duplicates.

grrrrrr... I just figured it out. It says it the seti logs for transmissions to the server that the seti client has been tampered with. I guess it went currupt. Going to redownload the clc. Will keep this upto date

truely nothing impressive. My average time per WU with the Opteron is 2.7 hours using the 308 32 bit client. Anyone have the 303 32 bit available for d/l? I'm running the Opteron 240s at 1.4Ghz. Still beats my MP rig at 2Ghz that does 3.5-3.9 h/wu. No idea what my daily totals really are. My Opterons did 16 WU yesterday and my MP system did about 12 WUs. If I could just figure out how to O/C these Opterons. Only way i can with the motherboard I have is by software or hardcoding which until someone comes up with a pin guide isn't going to happen.

Wow I'd stay away from dual opterons for the time being - my single P4C is doing 17-18 per day with HT, and my single FX51 is doing about 15-16 per day @2.5GHz.

also remember the FX51 and the 64 3200 run at 2.0 and 2.2 Ghz whereas the Opterons run slower. The 240 series are only at 1.4 Ghz. I believe the 248 series are only at 1.8Ghz. comparing FX to the Opterons I have you can see how big of a performance gain there is between CPUs Mhz wise. Chop off more than an hour with only 600 Mhz difference.

my single P4C is doing 17-18 per day with HT

:eek:

TC. How do you have that thing set up to perform that well? Must be a serious o/c. I'm only getting 8-9 wu a day w/my p4. My sys is running stock w/o HT @ 2.5g.

I was debating on getting a 3g ht cpu for my rig to crunch since the prices have come down quite a bit from a few weeks ago (around $260 now). I'm curious on what you are running and how it's set up as I may just leave my system alone and build a dedicated cruncher instead... BTW, what os are you using? I'm running xp pro w/clc. Thanks. :)

-Tyrinon

Cant speak for TC ,,, but my 2.4c is at 3.3 ghz with ram at cas3 settings across the board and air cooled right now.. i know sig says water but theres a zalman on it at the moment and it does 15 to 17 units daily HT enabled of course. Just wanted to drop in... Didnt mean to crash the thread...

psy

But, while you are running two WUs at the same time the time requierd for one will be doubled or not? I mean, is it efficient?

I think its was something like this: running 1 WU would take say 2 hours 50 Min - running 2 WU would take say 3 hours 45 Min but then you returned 2 WU´s

Thats not bad..

But, simply installing two setidrivers doesn' t sound ok. Do we need renaming folders or what?

You could ask "Landshark" he is the P4 "master" around here. Well all the guys here are very helpfull and professionals - But I know that Landshark owns something like 5 or 6 P4´s :eek:

Back