• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BB ATI 9600pro $129

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkgonra

YMMV , several people have been picking up the Radeon 9600se from B&M Best Buys and they have 9600pro's in the box. Also comes with a free half-life 2 when it comes out. I picked one up today and it is a 9600pro in my box. BTW, the Best Buy here didn't even have a spot on the shelf for the 9600se , they had just got them in and they were in a pile on top so you may have to look for them.

one problem here...

i just went to best buy, got the 9600SE, opened it up and it was NOT the pro version...

it had 5ns hynix RAM...

NO fan on the cheap, small heat sink...

it does have a coupon to a free half life 2...

but not a PRO, not worth $129...

maybe your box was an aberration or maybe mine was...

Hehe hkgonra beat me to it :)

Its great that we are on both sites though hehe. I am still waiting for a good HDD deal on slickdeals so I can start building.

well i got the 9600SE from best buy for $129 and the box says 9600SE and the card inside is definitely NOT a 9600PRO....it only has 5ns hynix RAM chips (200mhz speed just like the 9600SE is supposed to have) and a very cheap, non-fan heat sink for the GPU...

so maybe some of the 9600SE's have PRO's in them, but not all, since i didn't get one...

i checked before i bought and as long as i didn't scratch off the coupon code for the HL2 game...then i can return it without a restocking fee for 30 days...

going to try this myself today... wish me luck guys, i need it for a change.

dustybyrd said:
one problem here...

i just went to best buy, got the 9600SE, opened it up and it was NOT the pro version...

it had 5ns hynix RAM...

NO fan on the cheap, small heat sink...

it does have a coupon to a free half life 2...

but not a PRO, not worth $129...

maybe your box was an aberration or maybe mine was...

Sorry about that.

That is the reason I started this thread with YMMV
your mileage may vary.

well, if they're going to charge me 15% restocking fee to return it i wont bother, just going to have to ask before hand; save me and them problems. you don't have to take the card out of the static bag to check the numbers do you? also, the copy of hl2 you are entitled to is it an actual hard copy of the game or the "downloadable" version? i know from what i have seen here it looks like you will be able to get the game via three different methods, some with multiplayer and some without it.

I GOT A 9600 PRO! The sticker says pro anyway, I guess I need to plug it in and check it to be sure....total cost after tex $139.74 (IL).

My best buy had the boxes in the 9600pro spot on the shelf and were marked 179$ so I had to get a price check before I went to the register.

glad to hear it :) ... you have any idea what form HL2 will come in? i'll be going later this afternoon.

It has a scratch off card for the product key and says it will be shipped to me within 4-6 weeks of the game release...more infor is available at

http://www.ati.com/online/hl2/

I think its probably downloadable there or something but I havent looked....still trying to install my card

Checked it with Radclock at 398.25/297.00. According to that bord linked above, this really is the 9600 Pro. I think mine has Samsung RAM in it...but I really dont know what Im looking at to tell....the 4 larger square chips all say Samsung.

no go here either... definite ymmv, but at least i will get full refund. i should just get a damn monitor instead when i return it... anyone seen any good b&m deals?

BigSmokey said:
Checked it with Radclock at 398.25/297.00. According to that bord linked above, this really is the 9600 Pro. I think mine has Samsung RAM in it...but I really dont know what Im looking at to tell....the 4 larger square chips all say Samsung.

if the ram say saumsung they are most likely samsung:D

Back