• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCSETI stats

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Just shoot

With this phase of seti coming to a end will the stats page reman or will we start from scratch with the next phase? To be more specific the seti bench results, I don't know about other members but I still use it alot for comparing systems rresults against each other.

At the moment, nobody knows exactly how the stats will be calculated. The only thing we're sure of, is that it won't be based on the same sort of unitcount as it's been for the last few years.

It certainly won't be the same for the stats addicts :(

Fairly Certain

Without going out on a limb, I'm fairly certain that as far as the Team Website is concerned at least for some reasonable period of time the benchmark stuff will remain posted. But as "redaxe" noted Phase II with the BOINC platform is going to be a new ballgame as far as any of us can tell. I have not seen any information to indicate that there is going to be any way to reliably compare performance during Phase I against performance in Phase II.
My current limited experience and the fact that I am spending every moment possible searching out and reading everything I can find from others with experience, is not producing a lot of exciting results concerning the outlook for us "stats junkies". Certainly at the very least there is going to be a dry spell stats wise until the rollout is done and things mature and third party developers begin to introduce some utilities with which we can once again start producing some interesting and informative numbers.

SkyHook

Back