• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing P/// 1ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glebka11

Hi to all!
I have an ASUS CUV4X-E mobo @ 133FSB and 7.5 Multiplayer.
I have 1Ghz Intel CPU.
I hared u cant change the intels multiplayer, but intell sais u can, so i am confused...

Well my question is, Can i overclock it?
If yes, how (what will be the fsb,multiplayer) ?
Thanks, for all of u...
Hey, i really need it overclocked soon if iits posible...

Last edited:
just up the fsb abit at a time and then if it becomes unstable up the vcore if the temps are below 50C use prime95 to stess test it to make sure its stable

well, i tryed to change the fsb in the bios but it doesnt let me.
what to do?
maybe its the jumpers?

You overclock that motherboard in the CPU menu of the BIOS. You generally cycle through the clock settings until you find "user define" then that allows access to the FSB (system frequency). You probably won't get a lot out of your system, the P-III 1000 is not a good overclocker since it's already using 133 FSB and it's getting close to the limit for the core anyway. But. you should still squeeze a little out of it. Overclocked Coppermine CPUs will get unstable if the temps get into the mid-40's.

Make sure you have JumperFree Mode enabled in the motherboard. Check your manual, but I think you have to turn all of your dipswitches off and move the JEN jumper. At least, that's how it is on my CUSL2-C. If I remember correctly, the CUV-4X is the same way.

thanks for all!
btw is it true that i cant change the multiplayer?

one more thing, can i burn up my system when i overclock it (this perticulary)?

what to do if my temp avg is 46C (111F) ?

The average temp is of no importance, you gotta record the average temp when the CPU is at full load by Prime95 or at least Folding at home

Back