• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The OC Forums Way

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi, my name is Matt and I'm from Brisbane, Australia. I've been using computers for the last 12 years and working in IT for the last 5 years.

I love playing with my systems hardware settings. Unfortunately I was unlucky with my desktop Athlon XP 2500+ and had to take the voltage up from 1.65V to 1.7V just to get it to run at stock speeds (1826MHz).

The best overclock I've managed with this is 2377MHz as my mainboard won't support more than 1.9V. Not a big deal as my little 330W PSU can't keep up, with voltage readings going all over the place.

I intend on replacing the CPU with a XP-M 2600+, the PSU with a Super Flower 500 w/ 14" fan and my HSF with a Thermalright SI-97 + 120CFM 92mm Sunon fan this year. It's not about value for money, it's the feel good factor with those high overclocks!!!!!

Hello all

My name is Bo Derchak, I'm 21 and I live in "dirty" Jersey(NJ). I've been lurking on the forum for about a month and the idea of Ocing really appealed to me. I've been a computer junky for about 10 years now but just recently got into higher end performance. I scrapped my old system(P4 1.4ghz Gateway 2000) and built this one with gaming performance in mind. So far so good, I havent melted any componets YET. I must credit my 400mhz OC to the helpful people on this forum. Just today, I also joined Team 32 and I'm looking forward to folding.

Hi i am mitch. i've been involved with computers for about 5 years now. i was at the web site overclockers.com a few times but i didnt know the forum was so active and helpful. i lurked for a while then saw a few other peoples problems i thought i could help with so i posted.

i've had a koolance before then dabbled with my own watercooled system. some bad luck struck me (well really a deer smashed into my car and totalled it) and i needed money bad. i sold off some parts in the gaming rig and made two pcs into one. i am very intrested in all aspects of computers. hardware and programming the most.

i hope to help others in that ask on here and look forward to others helping me as well. i am happy to be a part of such a friendly community. my AIM is in my profile here so if anyone wasnts to talk about PCs or just shoot the **** feel free to send me an IM.

:)

ello people im Kevin.I am resently saving up to get rid of my crappy dell.sos i can over overclock a pc.I am a student at kenndey middle school.and i'v been into computers since i was born.I got my first this dell aprill.and my favorite word is uber and i like saying things like shiggity shiggity shwaw. I am also learning how to type at school.right now as i speak i am typing without looking.Kinda neat.

i like to get a lot of computer power for a little bit of money.

so naturally, i go for AMD, nVidia, and overclocking.

i'm a senior in high school in baton rouge, louisiana. i'm taking prep classes for the network technology major i plan to pursue in college.

want to know more? PM me or send me an IM.

so far i love these forums. whenever there are no computers to fix in my tech class at school, i'm on here.

My first post at OC forums!

Dropping in to greet you all 👋
I've been slack at registering as I hesitate to join too many forums. I currently hang most of the time at ABXzone where I'm rapidly approaching 10,000 posts and occasionally I get to bleedin edge.
I really like the feel of this place and the members appear super helpfull and chatty :cool:
I'm looking forward to making some new friends and enjoying the never ending pusuit of a better OC!
Cheers
cm

Welcome CM! :)

Ya, I don't register many places either, and never post anywhere else more or less... Though I lurk. :sn: I hope you like what you find here - you should see that everyone is friendly, and many are willing to go out of their way to answer your questions.

I started this thread so new members could get the feel of the forums more quickly after joining - we're a good bunch of guys and we're into overclocking, thats what we're all about. Thanks for stopping in to say hi, with your post frequency at ABX, I imagine I'll be seeing you around.. :)

I.M.O.G. said:
Welcome CM! :)

Ya, I don't register many places either, and never post anywhere else more or less... Though I lurk. :sn: I hope you like what you find here - you should see that everyone is friendly, and many are willing to go out of their way to answer your questions.

I started this thread so new members could get the feel of the forums more quickly after joining - we're a good bunch of guys and we're into overclocking, thats what we're all about. Thanks for stopping in to say hi, with your post frequency at ABX, I imagine I'll be seeing you around.. :)
Thanks for the welcome I.M.O.G :p
I agree it's difficult to focus on more than 1 forum at a time but I'm sure you will see me around some ;) I'm in Australia so it's hard to sync with the time diff but it is suprising how often buds do cross paths! It's trully a global thang these days. Catch you soon :burn:
BTW... it's nice to use a few new smilies LOL

count minaba said:
Thanks for the welcome I.M.O.G :p
I agree it's difficult to focus on more than 1 forum at a time but I'm sure you will see me around some ;) I'm in Australia so it's hard to sync with the time diff but it is suprising how often buds do cross paths! It's trully a global thang these days. Catch you soon :burn:
BTW... it's nice to use a few new smilies LOL

Wow, another Aussie! I find the same problem CM. You post today and have to wait for tomorrow for an answer. Kida sucks, but that's just the way it goes, eh? :p

This is the best forum I've come across also, although NH isn't too bad. They just don't have enough members though. OC Forums are superior! :beer:

mjw21a said:
Wow, another Aussie! I find the same problem CM. You post today and have to wait for tomorrow for an answer. Kida sucks, but that's just the way it goes, eh? :p

This is the best forum I've come across also, although NH isn't too bad. They just don't have enough members though. OC Forums are superior! :beer:
Gr8 to meet you mjw21a... Aussies are everywhere!. I bet there's a few others here as well? :p

I've been for ages and still not posted here!

Well, my name is James, I'm 17. I sell cars for a company under the VW Group. I've been into computers since the 486s, when I was really young. I only got into overclocking in about 2000. I live in West Sussex, UK just moved from Essex.

If you need advice about anything to do with the motor trade or any help give me a PM and I'll let you know what you should do.

Hi! My name is Stefan and I am a client-side [HTML/CSS/JS] web developer. I live in Iasi, Romania. If you happen to come to my city, please let me know. I can help you while you're here!

webdevst

I haven't yet introduced myself yet...

I'm Sam. I don't have a last name on the internet. Computers are pretty much my life. Currently, I'm in the mid years of highschool, and my job is centered around computers. I set up their new locations with networks/computers that I built etc etc. It's quite a responsibility, and it's quite fun too.

On the side, I'm a devoted martial artist. My martial art of choice is Jeet Kun Do / Vale Tudo. Both of which are full-contact (very few rules). Jeet Kun Do is my favorite though, because, like true karate, it's spiritual. This or computers will end up being my career. Or both, which would be really cool.

Welcome to the forums guys.

-Sam

Back