• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The OC Forums Way

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi and hello to everyone here at ocforums.

I am young entrepreneur in the audio and dj'ing bussiness. I joined ocforums because I belive it is a good source, for information. Especially computer/electronic related. Not to mention how nice everyone is ;)

Hi, I'm Don. I live at the New Jersey shore.
I am 52 and a PhD chemist retired from a career in Pharmaceuticals.
I am thinking of starting a new career as a PC builder/upgrader/repairer and have learned tons of useful stuff here including everything I know about overclocking. This forum has to be the most flameless place on the internet. Kudos to the mods, senior members and all the mature folks who post.
Someday I will get around to creating an avatar, but keeping my sig current is a full time job.

(referred by navig)

Seriously!
This forum is filled with the best people in all fields related to computers and overclocking. OC has it all! Cooling (including H2O and extreme), video cards, CPUs, PSUs, memory, motherboards, and so on.. and even software.
But most importantly I really like the members themselves. How the atmosphere is at the forum and how others are welcomed and everyon tries to help out...

I just want everyon to know how much I appreciate this forum (and the members) and that I'm proud to be one of you :)

I'm Dave, living in Barrie, Ontario, Canada. Computers are my hobby, modding and over-clocking are by-products of that hobby(okay, almost obsession).

Divorced, father of three(2 living with me), shacked up, getting married again in October 2006.

I value honesty and integrity above anything else, and I'm brutally honest, which does not earn me a lot of friends, but the friends I do have, are the very best. :thup:

I'm just a wee bit if a cynic, okay, I'm very cynical, that comes from working in the trades for most of my life. I have to bite my tongue(my fingers in the case of the forums) a lot. My wife(girlfriend/common law spouse/person who yells at me alla time for drinking too much beer) says that biting my tongue is a good thing. I'll defer to her opinion on that, so I don't get yelled at, heh heh heh. :D

These forums contain a wealth of information, and so do its members, it's a priviledge to a part of this place/community. The OC forums rock, and its members are the reason that it rocks! :attn:

My name is Cedric Cook, and I am a computer half-newb! Well, not for long. For the last few months I have been studying the workings of hardware, Windows, and soon Linux! (tried it once, loved it). I will be overclocking and modding as much as possible soon enough as well, so expect to see a lot of posts from me.

I reside in Terrace, British Columbia, Canada, but only since Fall 2003. Before then, I was a North Vancouver, BC local.

I love skateboarding - I'm obsessed, as you can see by my sig. I also like listening to music as much as possible, and I'm an avid reader.

I am currently finishing my last semester of grade 12, and will be attending my local community college in Fall 2005. I will be taking a variety of computer courses.

And last, but not least, I am VERY skinny. Remember me as "CedStick", not Cedric haha

Hey, I'm Peter, and I'm 13, 5'6".

If you look at the processor in my sig, I've overclocked that old-*** processor to nearly 950Mhz (actually, 948.42 Mhz, to be exact (damn you, number 42!)). Shooting for 1Ghz :p

I'm also an avid Xbox modder, and currently have a server *experiment* running on the computer in my sig. I might post a story somewhere, so search for it :D

I've performed an all-region mod on an NES, acquired a laptop from '92, and have a friend who I helped to build a computer (Intel).

I also have a girlfriend, and she is the best person I've ever known. Her name is Leah, and she gave me permission to put her in my avatar. :) I love her. I sware, there is no one better than her.

Peace.

Well i am going to repost mine, i used to be pretty much full of **** like no other, and most of my posts before last summer where BS posts. dont ask, it was a time of great stupidity

well back to topic.

My name is Patrick

I am one the most ecclectic persons that you will ever meet, i have my hand in just about everything that goes on in this world.

and i am also the resident slow-*** computer guy, i have YET to get a decent rig :D

and i will be going to school at UofU next year for general Phsycology, and then devient after that.

right now i am just saving money, and will hopefully have a rig this summer, if not, then it would be no surprise to me :D

Hey, My name is Adam

I might be in a bad mood at times, but ill still help you with any issue, or will just chat freely with you. I have been doing this Overclocking deal since early 2005, and have a pretty good handle on a64 ocing

im 15, nearly 16, and skateboard, its all i do. im a sophomore, and dont care for english class.

I listen to whatever is good, and am saving for watercooling/buying more crap i dont need.

Im an impulse buyer, but nothings wrong with that. Im around 5' 7-9", not too sure, and am very skinny. i wear girls pants, and if any of you saw me in person, you wouldnt belive it was me in a thousand years.

This has been my favorite forum for along time. i try to make usefull posts, sometimes in biased towards a64 754, but i keep it alive.

its nice getting to know all you guys.

peace.

Hello all, I'm a middle aged guy from Norway who just joined you here some days ago. Obviously I'm not here to flirt with chicks... LOL But I wish there were more women in here too of course. I'd like to hang around just to learn the trade, so to speak. Read the threads and maybe ask a stupid newbee question once in a while. I have enormeous respect for those who master this difficult area of expertise.

Before May 2005 I hadn't even tried any OC, so I've just managed my first overclock! Yay! :) Not finished testing yet though... My background is mainly from working with computers, but not from a hardware point of view. Over the years though I have managed to assemble just enough skills about hw to be able to build my own PC's from parts. But that's about the limit. :)

Respectfully,
Prognatus.

Hi. My name is The Fallen One. Don't ask about the name. It has no meaning and i thought of it in five seconds. I'm 15 and i think i am around 5'8". I weigh around 120 pounds and im a little skinny for my size. Besides that Im a freshman with average grades in school (B range).

Dream: To become an army officer in the Mechanized Infantry.

Dislikes: Low FPS, alarm clock, hippies, and the ground. (yes im weird :p)

Hobbies: Games, looking at clouds, and errr...yeah thats it.

Also im a korean living in NY.

HI,
Im Chase. Im new to this forum, will be a senior at princeton university this fall majoring in mechancial engineering.
I am wanting to upgrade my computer right now i have a 2.4ghz p4 with hyperthreading. Im wanting to get a gig of ram a new 3d card and a new dvd-rom (my old one broke)
right now im deciding between getting a 9800pro or 6800GT. Is the 6800gt worth 270$ if i can get a 9800pro for lik 130$? that is my main question. thanks a lot. this site rocks

Welcome guys, glad to see people still popping their heads up.

Bomaman - Its hard to answer your question without knowing what your looking to do - how much do you expect you will be gaming on this PC? Shoot me a private message and I'll try to tip you in the right direction... Saving $140 is a big deal, but the 6800gt outperforms the 9800 pretty well in many aspects.

Hello, ive been a member here for a little while, but my real name is Tyler, I enjoy skateboarding, computers / benchmarking / games, and who can forget the ladies? :).

Hello,

I joined at the end of June. Mostly because I got heavily into computers because I can't stand this piece of crap Dell. I'm a gamer (w00t) and I aspire to be a Programmer (preferably game programming). Only reason I have no experience is because Mississippi is a crap state, but I won't get into that. I'm a Senior *Heavenly chorus* waiting to get out and go to college. I've learned a lot at this forum and am very grateful. That's about the short of it.

-Stavros

Hmm, I just realized I never posted here...

Hi everybody, my name is Mike, and I'm 19. I'm 6' 1", 190 lbs. I should be in college, my grades were excellent and I graduated HS at 17, but I dont come from money so I can't afford it. I'm working on that tho, but it's a slow process.

I used to moderate at a site for AMC Eagles, and my biggest section was "Hatchlings", a place for members to say hello. When I first found this site I looked for a similer section but coulnt find it. First time I've seen this thread, thanks to the link in Jognt's sig.

Back