• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

90mm fans in a Chieftec dragon without drilling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gravitywell

Well, I had a boring day off and I was zipping up some cables and I noticed some holes around the fan brackets (purple things in front and back to hold the 80mm fans). I currently don't have any 90mm fans handy...and don't know anyone around me that would have a 90mm I could try...

So I'm asking two questions

Does anyone know if a 90mm fan would fit if I removed the fan bracket?

and two

Does anyone have a dragon case and a 90mm fan that could try for me? lol

Thanks for the help.

You have to do some cutting and drilling to get 92s to fit. If you didn't, there would be even less airflow than with 80s, due to the restrictive grill.

Here's mine:

gibback.jpg

it looks fantastic, so the four extended lenght holes fit a 92mm fan then? I'd just have to cut all of the other junk out of the way :)

gravitywell said:
so the four extended lenght holes fit a 92mm fan then?

No, they don't line up. It works best to plan it out on a piece of paper beforehand, and tape that to the back and use it as a guide. You might have to cut a little out of the body of one of the fans to get them to both fit the way they should.

92s do move a lot of air compared to 80s. I've got mine at 7V, and they still make a good breeze. :D

I've been thinking about getting some 92mm Vantec Stealths for my Koolance. Havent had the guts to cut it up yet... :)

Back