• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolermaster Aero 7+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
my Lite which has teh same fan on it......is kinda loud at full speed, even though it cools very well.....

Oh sorry, my mobo reads temps directly from the internal diode inside the athlon so my numbers are higher then most people off the bat, but I went from these...

51c Idle / 56c Load (coolermaster XDream)

45c Idle / 51c Load (coolermaster Aero 7+)

Needless to say im happy, I put a sensor next to the cpu core with AS Ceramique as an interface and it reads 38c.

I am happy with my Aero 7 lite also, I went from 48c idle to 37c idle. I have the fan speed very low. I have yet to turn it up full. This is great as the last fan I had ran at 7000 rpm and drove me nuts. WBK38

I have a 1700+ AMD overclocked to 2000Mhz

If you compare this BLower Fan to the Smart Fan II or Tornado or any other similar high speed axial fan then the blower is near silent, there is no high pitch whine, no hairdryer effect, just a low hum that I like. I think they will replace the axial fans soon.

used to use a blower fan from Radio Shack on an overclocked P3 system and they're great.......find the right one for the system i have now and i'd prolly change.........

lee said:
used to use a blower fan from Radio Shack on an overclocked P3 system and they're great.......find the right one for the system i have now and i'd prolly change.........

Take a trip down to radioshack :)

chasingapple said:
If you compare this BLower Fan to the Smart Fan II or Tornado or any other similar high speed axial fan then the blower is near silent, there is no high pitch whine, no hairdryer effect, just a low hum that I like.

I would like to try the heatsink with a tornado or smart fan two with a rheostat so I could adjust the speed noise Ratio. I'm wondering if you can get better performance at the same noise level.

7keys said:

I would like to try the heatsink with a tornado or smart fan two with a rheostat so I could adjust the speed noise Ratio. I'm wondering if you can get better performance at the same noise level.

I doubt it, its near silent....and the others wouldnt look as cool ;)

I'm thinking that a a tornado or smart fan two at about half speed might do a better job. I'd like to try it. I don't care about looks.

I've got a Coolmaster Aero7+ HS, but replaced the stock fan with a TT SF2. I just got a SLK-947U + Tornado (92mm). Before I replace the HSF I'll try to get some numbers for the Aero7+ with stock fan and TT SF2 at idol and load (P95) at full speed, and set to the same RPM. (weekend project thou :))

vejita-sama said:
I've got a Coolmaster Aero7+ HS, but replaced the stock fan with a TT SF2. I just got a SLK-947U + Tornado (92mm). Before I replace the HSF I'll try to get some numbers for the Aero7+ with stock fan and TT SF2 at idol and load (P95) at full speed, and set to the same RPM. (weekend project thou :))

So!.......How did your project turn out?

Any numbers for us?

deathman20 said:
Well I went from a water cooling system to my SP-94 with a 92mm Tornado with a mod so it runs at 46% of speed. Works great, I can bearly hear it over the rest of the case under my desk and much quieter then my dual p3 system.

As you can see in my sig cpu temp at idle 27C and 39C at load. Only 1C off what I was doing on water cooling now.

What does this have to do with the Aero 7+?

deathman20 said:
People wanted to compare the tornado with a Aero 7+ so I thought I would drop some info in on it. I know system configs differ and all but I was trying to give some input on it.

Edit: If you want me to I'll remove these 2 posts.

I understand that, but you are not using the Aero 7+ with the Tornado. All you said was "SP-94 with a 92mm Tornado", I was just curious to its relevance to the Aero 7+ with a Tornado or SF2.

i belive what he is saying is that he wants to take the blower off the aero 7 and put a sf2 on it to directly compare the high-pressure blower to the high-airflow fan.

Eh I deleted my posts. I wasn't thinking totally when I posted what I didn't. I was thinking the Aero 7 was a fan not a heatsink. Sorry about the post and confusions.

Oh ok, that makes sense now then, hehe. Yes the Aero 7+ is a complete HSF combination, really nice too...I have since lowered its speed to roughly 2500RPM and it is completely silent and cooling very well.

Back