• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firochromis

Added to team

You have been added to the team Overclockers.com Seti Team

Hi new member here. :D

I installed the SETI driver and now some progress is going on but I don' t know what it is.

Also I wonder something else. Will this process continuously go no or my do I have to resume it? Is it basically enforces the CPU, cause the temperature of CPU increasing as much as 10C ?

And one more thing: Please go slowly while telling me something :rolleyes: and don' t forget that English is not my native language :-/

Regards

Well first off WELCOME to the TEAM and TO THE FORUMS.
Heres a Link that will answer most if not all of you questions.

To see the progress of the WU you can use SETISPY and many many others. Setipy is probably the easyest to setup as we have very detailed instructions in the link provided.

Temp Increase is normal, and no you don't have to do anything more if you don't want to. If you have auto transmit button enabled it will just send and recieve WU's as needed.

Hope you enjoy you stay and make your self at home.

Welcome to the Team.:)

If you are using Seti Driver it will look like this:

setidriver.JPG

As long as you keep WU's in the cache you will continuously process.

Happy crunching!

Harvey

Thank you :)

My efficiency is 6.96 CpF. Don' t you think it is a little bit low for the system in my sig?

Ok, now I completed my very first WU and anotherone started. Do I have to do anything for the completed one? Send it somewhere etc??

Thank you all!

Jedi told me to do so but I' not sure how to proceed two WUs at the same time??

just in the MAX. PROCESSING box at the top of Driver, type in 2 then click "save config". and you are done. you can check on the Task Manager to see both of your virtual CPU is 100% loaded. ;)

Welcome to the team!!!

And feel free to ask as much as you want :) We're all about getting you to get the most WUs out of your system possible!

JigPu

Allright :) Here some new questions:

In my task manager 50% of the cpu is used by sateathome bla bla. exe but other 50% is used by an image name: System Idle Process. Is this ok? Am I running two WU at the same time?

Welcome to the team Firo !!

Regarding your last question !!

You should see both processors in HT mode
using 100% each if you are running 2
instances of Seti correctly. As Landshark above
already said, check if you have set maximun processes
set to 2 in Seti driver !!

Crunch on !!

The Wizard

Well, Now I have not one but two problems. Seti spy is idle for half an hour. Why does' t it start crunching automatically??

Back