• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Firochromis said:
Well, Now I have not one but two problems. Seti spy is idle for half an hour. Why does' t it start crunching automatically??

Is your cache filled? Most of the guys here have caches like 3-4 days worth of crunching ..

yeah, forgot to mention, you'll have the CACHE set to more than 2 in order to have 2 WU crunching at the same time! also, if you have always on net connection, CHECK the AUTO TRANSMIT box too. if not, then you'll have to manually connect for up/down'load WUs. also, don't forget to CLICK SAVE CONFIG too.

sometimes, when you first setup Spy, it's not really working right the first time. try to exit Spy AND Driver, then restart Spy again.

crunch on!! :cool:

Do make sure you have selected "Use Seti Spy" in the bottom of the GUI and make sure setispy is in the main directory that SETI Driver and SETI.exe are in.
BTW Welcome to the team :D

Hi,

My desired cache and maximum process is set to 2. I clicked "Auto-transmit" and "use seti spy". "Use seti driver is also clicked. Now, I' m processing to WUs but they have 50% cpu usage both. I think landshark mentioned that they supposed to have 100% cpu usage both.

Anyway I have less problems than yesterday and several completed WUs.I did something for humanity :clap:

And thanks again for such a gorgeous welcome..

No that's correct actually. Since you have 2 logical cpu's each client is taking up 50% of your total resources. Together they consume 100%. If you had 4 cpu's or 4 logical cpu's each client would be using 25%. Make sense?

Back